Tuesday, 23 May 2017

BRAND FOCUS • AVÉNE SKINCARE

Woah! Long time, no see..or…um, write! I’m not sure where all of this time has gone! It felt like only a few days ago I wrote my last blog post (when in reality, it’s been over a month since that was posted!) Today I wanted to share with you guys, some Avéne products that I have been trying out for the past few months, which have since taken pride of place in my daily and nightly skincare routine. 
I was also able to have a chat with the lovely Sarah, who is Avéne’s Brand Manager. We talked about the brand’s history and the benefits of Thermal Spring water as well as her personal top skincare picks!

Avéne is the only dermo-cosmetic brand on the market in New Zealand at the moment, which set’s it apart from the many other brands already on the market. A dermo-cosmetic brand is one which has dermatological benefits as well as cosmetic appeal. Dermo-cosmetic products aim to work in combination with skincare medication to both improve the results of and to compensate for any sides effects of drugs like acne medication, which is known to cause severe dryness. Maybe it has something to do with me being the daughter of a doctor and a nurse, but I just love products that combine a medical approach to skincare with a cosmetic appeal!
EndFragment

Today I will share a couple of my favourite products with you as well as include snippets of my convo. with Sarah. If you have any additional queries about any of the products I mention, please leave me a comment and I will get back to you! Without further ado, here are the Avéne products I have absolutely fallen in love with!

Avéne Thermal Spring Water: I was never fully convinced by the whole ‘water in a spray can’ trend until this beauty came along! The thermal water is released in a fine mist and feels so amazingly soothing upon application. I will tend to use this straight after cleansing, both morning and night to restore moisture to my skin, which can sometimes get quite dry, especially in this cold weather we’ve been experiencing lately! It’s also amazing for an instant refresher, mid-way through the day, when you need a little wake-me-up!

Avéne Gentle Cleansing Foam: I have been using this every morning and night for the past few months now, and I can definitely say, it has become my go to cleanser. I have fairly normal-combo skin, with a bit of dermatitis around the sides of my nose and chin, which can flare up from time to time. This foam cleanser is so gentle and leaves my skin feeling really refreshed without being dehydrated. If I haven’t worn any makeup during the day, I will just do a single cleanse with this, however, if I’ve worn a full face, I will use a cleansing balm to melt away makeup and then I will do a second cleanse with the foam to make sure my skin is squeaky clean! I will absolutely be repurchasing this cleanser when I run out!

Avéne Optimale UV Light: This daily moisturiser is such a dream to use! Plus, it contains SPF20, which is always an important skincare step to remember! Usually daily moisturisers with SPF can be a weird sticky texture, leaving the skin feeling gross and oily. The Avéne Optimale on the other hand, has a beautiful smooth texture to it, without feeling greasy or tacky in the slightest. When I go to apply my makeup after putting this on, my base products glide on so smoothly!!! The only downside to this product is that it will make your skin so smooth, you won’t be able to stop stroking your face, which may get you a couple of odd glances from people on the bus.

Avéne Cicalfate Repair Cream: As I mentioned before, I tend to get a bit of dermatitis around the sides of my nose and my chin, which can flare up during the colder months. If i’ve had a bit of a flareup, I will be sure to slather a decent amount of this on the effected areas before I head to bed and in the morning, the dryness will have subsided significantly, and I can go about my normal morning routine. The key ingredients of this product are as follows:
  • Sucralfate helps restore and protect damaged skin and isolates the lesion from external environmental aggressors
  • Copper- Zinc Sulfate Complex promotes a healthy skin environment for optimal recovery
  • Avène Thermal Spring Water soothes, softens and calms the skin
This more of a treatment type of product, so I don’t use it all the time, but I’ve been coming back to it again more recently now that we are coming into winter!

Avéne Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Serum: THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING! I apply it morning and night, underneath my moisturiser and it leaves my skin feeling and looking so hydrated and glowy! It’s like a big drink of water for your skin! The gel texture is also so lovely to use, as it’s not at all greasy. This serum is really hydrating and helps any further skincare layered on top to deeply penetrate into the skin. Another product I will definitely be repurchasing once I run out! As is the case with all of the Avéne products, this serum has a slight scent to it, but I find it to be really fresh and light.

When I was chatting to Sarah, I asked what her top Avéne products were..

  1. "Hydrance Optimale Serum is by far my favourite. It is a real bath of water for your skin. The formula contains an ingredient to help the water penetrate deeply into the skin for deeper hydration. Another ingredient acts like a reservoir to keep the water at the surface of the skin to give long lasting hydration and also avoid evaporation.          
  2. The Soothing Moisture Mask is probably my second favourite. It really re-pumps your skin. Apply it to clean skin at night, leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and just remove the excess with a tissue or cotton pad, (but most of it will be actually absorbed).          
  3. The last one will be without hesitation the Avène Thermal spring water. You can use it anytime you need, for any irritation, rash, heat sensation, burn, mosquito bites, to fix make up, soothe the skin after shaving or waxing, it is just amazing how useful this product is! But the best thing for me, is on the beach, just to refresh, it is beautiful!”

I’d love to know if you have tried any of the Avène products for yourself and if there are any particular products you’d recommend!

Hopefully I’ll be back here with another post by the end of the week! Hope to see you guys here!



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...