Tuesday, 14 February 2017

BEDSIDE PRODUCTS



If you've ever seen my bedside table, you would know that I have a little woven container filled with an array of lipbalms, empty panadol packets, an inhaler (I don't have asthma...) among a sea of bobby pins and usb sticks. Don't ask me why all those things are in there, I haven't the faintest idea either, they've just kind of popped up and have found themselves a little woven home.

For todays post I thought I would pick a couple of my favourite products from my bedside array and talk a little bit about each one. I hope it's not too boring of a blog post, but I personally love seeing what people keep on their bedside tables! (that sounded far creepier than intended..)

Aēsop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm | Being someone who creates stuff and uses their hands and fingers as tools, the skin on my hands and around my nails can get verrrryyy dry and cracked. My dad bought this Aēsop hand cream for me as a gift last year and I have been using it everyday since. It has quite a citrus-y/ earthy scent to it, which I really enjoy and it's balm-like texture means it's super hydrating, all the while not leaving a greasy residue.

This Works Deep Sleep Stress Less | I had heard that the pillow spray from the same brand really worked for getting a better nights sleep, but I had only heard about this roll on version recently. After reading a couple of reviews raving about how amazing this product was, I decided to buy it and try it out for myself. Besides, I figured if it doesn't help me sleep, then I can always just wear it as a light perfume during the day.

While I can't say it completely changed my sleeping habits (I've been a horribly light sleeper for 20yrs) I did notice a change in my state of mind after applying this before bed. The lavender scent is incredibly calming and really helps to slow down a racing mind and wind down before hitting the hay. It smells amazing too, so that's always a bonus.

Poly-Tears Dry Eye Drops | Okay, eyedrops seems like a weird thing to have on this list, but I honestly don't know what I'd do without them! Especially ones formulated for dry eyes. I love putting in eyedrops before I go to bed because after wearing eye make up all day, sometimes my eyes can feel a little gritty. Popping in some drops before bed really refreshens my eyes and stops me from rubbing at them too much.

Smith's Rosebud Salve | I go back and forth between a couple of lip balms, but recently I've really been enjoying using the Smith's Rosebud Salve, which comes in a little blue tin. It's a really smooth and hydrating formula that seems to last quite well on my lips, so I don't need to apply it too frequently. You might remember when I last mentioned this product, I wasn't a fan of the scent at all, and that hasn't really changed (ha!) but I've definitely gotten used to it and the actual product works so well, therefore it doesn't bother me much anymore. 



I would love to know what products you have on your bedside table! Have you tried any of the products I mentioned here?




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...