Thursday, 12 January 2017

SUMMER MUST HAVE • SPF


As you probably know from my previous posts, I have extremely pale skin, which means when Summer rolls around, I need to really up my game in the SPF department to avoid burning to a crisp. 
I've tried many a face sunscreen that claimed to protect the skin while not feeling sticky or oily on the skin, but I've never tended to get on with those, because either they still feel greasy, or they feel SUPER drying and turn kinda flakey after a few hours. 

While I was browsing Mecca one day, I came across the Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face SPF50+ Superscreen. Essentially it is a combination of an extra high protection sunscreen and a luxe face cream, designed to sit nicely under make up. I was really interested in the concept of a face sunblock that actually acts more like a priming moisturiser, so a few days later, I went into Mecca again and purchased it to try out for myself.

I've been using it for a couple of months now and I can safely say it has become a staple in my daily routine. Not only is this product a joy to put on every morning, but I really feel like it's been doing it's job of protecting my face from the harsh UV rays. The consistency and colour of this product is similar to that of a hydrating primer in that it is slightly pink toned to avoid creating a white cast on the skin, and it feels ever so slightly silicone-y which creates a nice, smooth and silky base to apply make up on top of. There is a subtle fresh fragrance to the product, but nothing too overpowering, which is great. 
Because this sunscreen doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or oily, instead leaving it feeling fresh and hydrated, make up layers really nicely over the top.

If you are looking for a new face sunscreen this Summer, I would absolutely recommend this product by Mecca, as it really does what it claims. This is certainly something I will be repurchasing once I run out.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...