Wednesday, 17 August 2016

CURRENT FAVOURITES


Hello again! I hope you are all doing well. I've been pretty busy with uni at the moment, hence my absence on here, but I am trying my best to juggle both, so I hope you don't mind the infrequent posts too much!

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed myself often reaching for the same group of products during my morning routine, so I thought I'd do a blog post on them for you all.

The first thing I've been loving as of late, is my wide tooth comb which I think I purchased off either Ebay or Aliexpress for only a few dollars. It's one of those very basic things that most people probably own, but I just never bought one for myself until recently. I use this to gently comb though my hair after towel drying it, starting at the ends of my hair and then gradually working up to the roots to avoid tangles. After I've done this, I will usually move onto drying my hair with my hairdryer, although, If I'm feeling lazy, I will simply leave my hair to air dry.

If I am having one of those aforementioned 'lazy days,' I will spray a little of the Sea Salt Spray* from Lush throughout the mid-ends of my hair to give it a little texture. Not only does this hair mist bring out some of the natural wave in my hair, but it also smells so amazing! If you happen to stop by a Lush, please go an smell this product!

I've noticed that when I have make up on, it will look good at the start of the day, but by around lunch time, It looks as though my pores have swallowed every bit of bb cream and powder off my skin and I get the annoying t-zone shine. As someone who doesn't like to bring my make up bag to uni with me, I needed to find a way to ensure my make up lasted all day. I've had the Manuka Doctor Apirefine Flawless Primer* for a decent amount of time, however I only ever really used it for special occasions. While I still like wearing it when I'm doing my make up for going out, I decided to incorporate it into my daily routine to see if it made any difference to the longevity of my make up. I am very pleased to announce that this primer keeps my makeup looking fresh for the entire day, without me needing to do any lunch time touch ups! I also love the texture of this primer because it's not thick at all, and it doesn't feel overly slippery like some other primers I've tried do. I was never someone who really liked using primers, but trust me, after this one, I ain't going back.

Another primer I've been loving is the NYX proof it eye primer, which I bought off Ebay for around $8 I think. As someone who likes wearing winged eyeliner, but who also has slightly down-turned, hooded eyes, it can be a struggle trying to find an eyeliner which stays put and won't smudge or slide. After trying many eyeliners out there, I decided to go ahead and buy an eyelid primer to see if that would help my eyeliner stay. I picked up this NYX one because it seemed to have a lot of positive reviews, as well as being very cheap! I first tried this when I went out to a party, and oh my lordy it worked so amazingly well! I first applied the primer to my lids and then blended it out with my finger. Then I dusted a little bit of a beige toned eyeshadow over my lid to combat some of the stickiness of the product, and then I applied my liner as per usual. The primer's stickiness provides something for the shadow and liner to grab onto, which, in turn, ensures that they won't go sliding about. I've tried it many more times since, and every single time, It works perfectly! This is going to be a definite repurchase for me.

I'd love to know if you have tried any of these products. If not, tell me what some of your favourite products have been lately.




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...