Monday, 27 June 2016

WHAT I'VE BEEN WORKING ON • WOVEN WALL HANGINGS


Hi lovelies,
I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend despite it being bloody freezing!!
Now that it's the uni holidays, I've been able to do some of my own personal projects. One project I was keen to try out was making a woven wall hanging. You've probably seen these types of things on Pinterest, and maybe in a few stores, (they are getting really popular!)


I can't remember when I first saw one, but I just really like them and wanted to learn how to make one for myself. I came across a couple of tutorials online which covered how to do basic stitches as well as fringing. The weaving on the right is my first attempt and the one on the left is the one I made most recently. As you can tell, both are very simple in design, but hopefully, once I've learnt how to do more complex stitches, I will have more variety in my weaving. Also, while they are supposed to be hung on the wall, I haven't yet gotten around to buying dowel to thread through the top loops, so at the moment they are just laying about.

Once I've made a couple of this sort of size, I would really like to make a giant wall hanging with extra thick wool and roving. Adding beads is also something I think would look really cool.

If you would like to learn how to make one of these weavings for yourself, check out this great series by Annabel Wrigley,  where she teaches you how to make your own loom and some basic weaving techniques. 
I plan to make more of these to sell on my Etsy page, so If you'd be interested in buying one, please let me know in the comments below or flick me an email/tweet.





Speaking of selling, I've recently joined Society6 and Redbubble, which are sites that allow me to sell my artwork as prints as well as bags, teeshirts, notebooks and phone cases etc. If you have a spare moment, it would mean a lot if you could check out my stores and follow me! Click here and here to be taken to my profiles.

I hope you all have a lovely week ahead!





0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...