Wednesday, 22 June 2016

SECOND YEAR PHOTOGRAPHY WORK & PRINTS TO PURCHASE


Hello again! As I mentioned in my last post, I will be using this blog to not only talk about my love for skincare and make up, but also my other passions and hobbies. So today, I thought I would show you a collection of works I made as a part of my most recent photography project at uni. My lovely friend Sarah, who goes to the same uni as me, kindly agreed to be my model for this series.
The general idea surrounding my work, was that of formalism in figure photography. I've always had an interest in the human body as well as the formalist photography style, so I decided to incorporate these two elements into my work. The particular series I am going to share with you, looks at the idea of isolation and abstraction of the human form. I was particularly inspired by Mishka Henner's Les Amércains, in which he made copies of another photographer, Robert Frank's work, and then erased certain parts of the images.

For my own work, I took my own photos of Sarah in various poses, and then later went through the images and began to pick out parts of the image that I wanted to isolate. This resulted in a group of images which I think took on a very different feel to them compared to what they were to begin with. The more I isolated the forms, the more obscure the images became. What began as figure photography, turned into these unusual 'landscapes' of forms.




I really enjoyed this process and I definitely think it's something I will continue to experiment with in the future. I feel it's something that, the more you do of it, the better and more interesting the results.

Over the past few days, I've been refining these works a bit and adding them to my Society6 store. If you would like to help me out and buy a print, please head on over to my store and grab yourself one! It would make my day.

I hope you are all having a lovely week so far, I'll talk to you soon.




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...