Monday, 13 June 2016

A BEDSIDE BALM


I'm back after an almost month long break from the blog! I've finished up all my assignments for the semester and I am now on holiday, so I will hopefully be posting here a lot more than I have been.
For todays post, I want to share with you a product I have been loving recently and one that is actually sitting right next to me as I write this. 
The product I'm going to talk about is called Homeoplasmine, and it is essentially the French equivalent of Vaseline.
Like Vaseline or Paw Paw ointment, this balm is a multipurpose product that can be used on the lips, hands, face, cuts, scrapes...the list goes on. I mostly use it on my lips and sometimes on any flareups of dermatitis that I get around my nose or chin.
I got my tube of Homeoplasmine off Ebay, and in the picture, the box said 'Homeoplasmine,' but for some unknown reason, mine arrived with the writing in what I think might be Russian, hence the different packaging. Just thought I should clear that up.

The product itself is a thick balm texture and doesn't have a colour. Despite being quite thick, it spreads onto the skin with ease and leaves a semi matte finish, (there is a slight sheen, but it doesn't look greasy or oily.) Like most balms, it has a slight smell to it, but it is very mild and unnoticeable.

The reason why I prefer this balm to others, is because I've noticed that when I apply this on my lips, it really sinks in and hydrates rather than just sitting on the surface. When I was looking at the ingredients, I was interested to see that it contained Calendula ointment, which is commonly used in baby nappy rash creams. Calendula is also great for soothing dermatitis and eczema.

I remember reading on a blog somewhere, that this product is also used amongst make up artists as a primer for photoshoots and runways. While I was skeptical, I decided to give it a go. I expected it to feel horribly sticky and thick on the skin, and what do ya know? It totally felt that way. Okay, so it may be great on the lips and areas of dry skin, but I am not a fan of using it as a primer. Maybe if you have very dry skin, it might work for you, but me and my combo/oily skin are quite happy giving it a miss.

I purchased this 40g tube of Homeoplasmine over 7 or 8 weeks ago, and have used it every days since and I've barely used any of it! I would say I am definitely going to repurchase this, but considering how much product I have left in the tube, it looks like I'm going to be able to pass this onto my great grandchildren, after I apply it one last time to my lips before death takes me. Morbid I know, but let's be honest, it's probably true.

After the success of this, I'm really interested in looking into other French Pharmaceutical products to try, so if you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments below!

I'd love to know if any of you have tried Homeoplasmine before. If so, what do you use it for and what's your opinion on it?



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...