Sunday, 6 March 2016

FAVOURITE FACE MASKS

Origins Drink Up Intensive, Lush Mask of Magnaminty, Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask, Manuka Doctor

If you didn't know already, I love me a good face mask. I try to do a face mask at least 1-2 times a week, depending how my skin is doing and I really feel they make a huge difference in the appearance and texture of my skin. Today i want to share with you my four favourite face masks that I reach for often. I really love Korean sheet masks as well, but I felt like they would be better fitted in a different post, so If you are keen to hear my thoughts on those, please let me know.

THE LEAVE ON MASK//  I've definitely talked about this on here a couple of times before, but that just goes to show how much I love it! The Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask is like a huge glass of water for your skin. Containing avocado and apricot oils, this leave on mask helps to deeply hydrate the skin and give the appearance of a plumped and fresh complexion. Despite having oily/ combo skin, this mask does a great job at hydrating the dry patches on my face without causing any problems on the oily areas. A definite repurchase.

THE CLAY MASK//  I love to do a clay mask when my skin is feeling really congested and oily and in great need of a detox. My mask of choice for this is the Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask*. The mineral rich kaolin clay helps to draw out impurities embedded in the skin and the Pohutukawa extract helps to tone and regenerate, while the rosehip and evening primrose help to nourish and hydrate. I also prefer this clay based mask over other clay masks I've tried in the past because it doesn't dry out my skin, which only ever makes the skin produce more oil. 

THE PEEL OFF MASK//  Peel off masks are undoubtedly the most fun to use, completely taking me back to when I would apply glue to my palms in primary school in order to satisfyingly peel off the dried residue. While very similar, this peel off mask by Manuka Doctor's ApiClear range* is definitely a lot more beneficial to the skin than PVA glue is. Containing Bee Venom and Manuka Honey, this mask leaves the skin glowing and firm, and helps to clear away blackheads and blemishes. The act of peeling off the mask helps to lift away dead skin cells and stimulates skin cell renewal.

THE EXFOLITATING MASK//  The final mask I want to share with you is by Lush and it is their ever popular Mask of Magnaminty. This mask contains evening primrose seeds and aduki beans to gently exfoliate the skin, while the Peppermint oil helps to stimulate and the Marigold oil and chlorophyllin designed to treat the skin. I like to use this mask when my skin is looking a little dull and in need of a mask as well as an exfoliation. It's also a bonus that this mask smells exactly like mint slice biscuits! Again, another definite repurchase! (I'm already onto my second pot!)

Have you tried any of these? What are your top face masks?


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...