Thursday, 17 March 2016

CURRENTLY LOVING • MARCH 2016


I don't think I've done one of these sorts of posts for a while, so it's high time I did one! As you've probably noticed, I don't do monthly favourites on here, mainly because I don't change up what I use all too often. If I like something, I tend to stick with it until there is something else that I try that I think is better. Instead, I think these sorts of 'Currently Loving' posts are better suited to me, so I'd love to know what you think of them. Anyway, all that aside, let's get on with the products I've been loving lately!

SKINFOOD BLACK SUGAR MASK WASH OFF// I had seen plenty of reviews of this product over the years and about 98% seemed to be really positive. But for some reason, this wasn't enough to convince me to buy it. I figured, I was already pretty happy with the exfoliants I was currently using, and surely this wouldn't be too different from those. It wasn't until I stumbled upon the Asian Beauty Reddit that I realised I needed to try this mask/exfoliant. Basically the product is a pretty finely milled sugar scrub, (as the name would suggest) that you are supposed to rub onto your skin in circular motions and then leave on for 10 minutes before washing off. All I can say is, I wish I tried this earlier! It does such a brilliant job at sloughing away dead skin cells and nasty dry bits around my nose. I find it's actually gentler than the St Ives Apricot Scrub, which I still love, don't get me wrong, but I feel I could use this more often than I could with the St Ives scrub. After using the Skinfood mask, I notice my skin absorbs my other skincare a lot more effectively and my complexion looks noticeably brighter and more even. I'll with a doubt be repurchasing this when I run out.
(don't try tasting this mask, I know it smells edible but it's really not. Don't let that deceive you okay?)

INNISFREE WATER GLOW CUSHION// I'm a big fan off light weight, and light coverage base products, so naturally, BB creams tend to work well for me. In the past I have tried the Holika Holika Aqua Petite Jelly BB, which I really liked, but I wanted to find another that was a slightly lighter coverage. When I was looking online for good BB creams for fair skin, I came across the Innisfree Water Glow Cushion in the shade #13 and having tried and really enjoyed the Innisfree Eco Safety No Sebum Sunblock, I decided to give this BB a go. I've been using this BB cream for just over 2 weeks now and It has already become my favourite base product! It perfectly matches my skin tone, not too yellow, not too pink and it applies so smoothly and looks really natural on the skin. Having oily skin, I was interested to see how 'glowy' this would look on my skin, and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it looked! It didn't look oily or slick, it just looked really fresh and dewy. Another definite repurchase.

INNISFREE NO-SEBUM MINERAL POWDER// Another great product from Innisfree is their No-Sebum Mineral Powder. As I mentioned before, I have combo skin, which means my T-zone can get quite oily, so powder is a MUST for me. I've tried many powders in the past, but none seemed to last that long on my skin, and I would need to constantly reapply to stay shine free. The Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder on the other hand does an excellent job at keeping the shine at bay. It is a really finely milled translucent loose powder that you apply with a puff onto your T-zone, (or wherever you get oily) to give a matte but not at all cakey finish to the skin. I was quite surprised at how tiny the container is when it arrived in the mail, but then I realised that you only need a little bit of product to get results. If you have oily/combo skin, I would really suggest you give this a go.

MANUKA DOCTOR APINOURISH AGE DEFYING EYE CREAM*// For a couple of years, I've had quite dry under eyes, which meant that when I would apply concealer it would cake and flake, which was never a cute look. I also have quite crinkly eyes when I smile, which would only exacerbate the problem. since last year I had been using the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Eye Roll-on, which I really like and still do use, but I wanted something that would help to brighten and plump as well as hydrate. The Apinourish Age Defying Eye cream* does just that! Manuka honey helps to hydrate the skin under and around the eyes, while the Purified bee venom helps to improve collagen elasticity. While this eye cream is 'age defying', I personally think it works great for me. I've noticed a decrease in the dryness under my eyes and the fine lines are less noticeable. I've also noticed the darkness under my eyes has begun to lighten a bit, so I can only imagine the results after using this for longer. I use this morning and night, and I just love the cooling effect this has when I apply it. It's like applying cucumber slices to your eyes, minus the mess and the waste of a good old cuc.

What products are you currently loving? Have you tried any of the items featured in this post?


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...