Thursday, 28 January 2016

SLEEPING PACKS • WHAT ARE THEY AND WHY YOU SHOULD USE THEM

A picture of Tonymoly Intense Care Dual Effect Sleeping Pack

Sleeping packs/sleeping masks aren't the newest invention in the skincare realm, but it seems only recently that Western skincare brands have caught on and have begun creating their own versions of these products including the ever popular Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask.
If you are familiar with the Korean 10 step skincare regime, you would know that sleeping packs play an important part in creating that fresh and glowy skin that is highly sought after by many. But if you haven't heard of this type of product before, you're probably wondering what it is and how one would benefit from using one.

Sleeping packs are (in most cases) the last step in a skincare routine, designed to seal in moisture and leave your skin looking plump and hydrated in the morning. From my understanding, the difference between a sleeping pack and a night cream is that the sleeping pack remains on the skin until the morning and is washed off when washing your face before applying make up or SPF, whereas a night cream is usually a rich, thick cream that is applied before bed and soaks into the skin by the morning, therefore not needing to be rinsed off. 
I actually prefer to use a sleeping pack because having oily/combo skin, (veering more on the oily side in the Summer) I find night creams can sometimes be too rich for my skin and can cause breakouts, where sleeping packs on the other hand provide the right amount of moisture to my skin, without blocking my pores and making me breakout. I also reckon they feel a lot nicer on the skin than a thick cream.

The sleeping pack that I've been using and really loving lately is the Tony Moly Intense Care Dual Effect Sleeping Pack which from memory cost just under $20 for 100ml. This particular type claims to whiten (brighten) the skin and prevent the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Since starting using this nightly, as the last step of my skincare routine, I have noticed a huge improvement in my skins overall appearance and texture. My skin looks noticeably brighter and more even and significantly more hydrated and plump. Considering a large percentage of the population is dehydrated, a boost in hydration that skincare provide is a step in the right direction!

If you haven't tried out a sleeping pack before, I really recommend you do because they are so amazing at rejuvenating the skin and providing a load of hydration, all while you sleep! It doesn't get better than that! While the Tony Moly sleeping pack I've tried is working for me, there are hundreds of difference varieties and brands that offer sleeping packs that cater towards certain skincare needs. A couple of others I've heard are also great are the Too Cool For School Pumpkin Sleeping Pack, (which I really want to try out after I've finished the one I'm currently using), the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack and the Mizon Good Night White sleeping pack. 

Have you ever tried a sleeping pack before? If you haven't, have I begun to convince you to try one? ;)


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...