Monday, 4 January 2016

REVIEW • REMINGTON REVITALISE FACIAL CLEANSING BRUSH


Hello everyone! This post will be my first review of 2016 (that still sounds weird) and I can tell you now, it is going to be a positive one! A few months ago, I was very kindly sent the new Remington Revitalise Facial Cleansing Brush* to try out and review for you guys. I was really excited to give this a go, as I have already mentioned on here that I love the Clarisonic cleansing brush and I thought it might be interesting to try out another similar gadget!

The kit, which retails at $160, comes with three interchangeable heads - Normal, Sensitive and Massage. The device also consists of 3 different speeds to fully cater for your cleansing needs. I find I mostly use the normal skin brush, because it provides a deeper clean than the sensitive brush. That being said however, I have really enjoyed using the massage head most recently. I tend to use the massage head when I'm using an oil cleanser, as this helps to really work the oil into my skin, lifting out any dirt particles or make up that might be trapped in my pores. As for the speed setting, I usually stick to the second speed, largely because the third one does frighten me a little. I am working my way towards using the fastest speed though!

I supposed the biggest difference between the Remington cleansing brush and the Clarisonic brush is the way you hold it. The Clarisonic has a handle and then the brush sits perpendicular to this (kind of like a hairbrush). The Remington brush on the other hand, has the brush at the top of a straight handle, which at first I was a little confused by, but actually, after having been using it for a while, it totally makes sense. I find the Remington brush to be a lot more natural feeling and easier to hold. I also like how it can stand up when it's charging, thus occupying less space on the bathroom counter.

The initial charge takes 24 hours to complete, which was a little annoying as I wanted to use the brush that night, but I feel it teaches me the virtue of patience, so it wasn't too bad in the end. I just put it on to charge overnight, and the next night it was all ready to go! After every use, I also plug it back in to charge to ensure it will always be ready when I want to use it. When it charges, the LED lights around the base of the brush head glow, which doesn't do a lot in terms of practicality, but it sure does look pretty! Especially when the lights are off in the bathroom! My mum reckons it looks like a UFO, which I have to agree with.... Anyway, sorry I'll get back to the review!

After using this brush, I really notice a difference in the condition of my skin. The pores around my nose appear a lot cleaner and smaller in size and the uneven texture of my skin is practically gone after one use. The long term effects of using this cleansing brush include a brighter looking complexion and as well as a reduction in spots and break outs. Because this brush really helps to rid any dead skin cells, it also means your skincare products work more efficiently, as they are more easily absorbed by your skin! Win win!

I think it's safe to say I have really loved using this cleansing brush, and will definitely continue to do so, as it has become a staple in my skincare routine. While $160 is rather a lot of money to some people (me included), I really do believe it is worth it for fresh, glowy and healthy skin. If this sounds like a gadget you might be interested in, click the link here to visit the Remington site more more info.

Have you tried out this cleansing brush? What are your thoughts on it/cleansing brushes in general?



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...