Monday, 11 January 2016

BOOKS: TBR #3





A few days ago, I went over to my local library to sort out getting a new card (I may have lost my previous one) and while I was there, I picked up a few books to read over the next couple of weeks before uni starts again (ugh). I did have a few books in mind that I wanted to look for, but it turned out they weren't in yet, so instead I had a look over at the teen/young adult section and found these..

The New Girl Who Found A Dead Body by Milda Harris - This book is about a girl called Chloe who has moved to California to live with her best friend Jake's family, while she completes her final year of high school. While at an end of Summer party, Chloe stumbles upon the dead body of Lora Kelly, the most popular girl at school and now she is receiving threatening notes, presumably from the killer! I've actually already started reading this and I am really enjoying it so far. I'm interested to see what route the story will take.

When We Wake by Karen Healey When We Wake revolves around 16 year old Tegan who is like any other girl of her time. However, one day Tegan 'dies' and wakes up a hundred years later, locked in a government facility. When the future doesn't live up to her expectations, Tegan must decide whether she should keep her head down and blend in or stand her ground and fight for a better world. I picked this book up because it reminded me a lot of Across The Universe by Beth Revis, which I loved reading. Let's hope it's as good as it sounds!

Gone Too Far by Natalie D. Richards - Piper Woods can't wait for her final year of high school to end. So far she has successfully kept to her self, skirting the fringes of high school until one morning, when she finds notebook full of mutilated photographs and a list of student sins. After one student whose name was in the book, dies suddenly, Piper begins to suspect the worst. Suddenly involved in a world of scandal and secrets, it is up to Piper to make things right. But in doing right she must choose a name of someone who deserves to be punished. I feel like this book is going to be right up my alley due to the fact It seems to have a similar premise to Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, again, a book I really enjoyed.

Choker by Elizabeth Woods - Choker is about Cara Lange who has been a loner ever since she moved away from her one and only best friend, Zoe. She mostly spends her time watching Ethan Gray from a distance and avoiding the popular girls. One day Cara comes home to find Zoe waiting for her. Zoe is on the run, hiding from problems at home, so Cara agrees to help her hide. Now that her best friend is back, Cara is given a new look and new confidence, and is suddenly being invited to parties and flirting with Ethan. But as quickly as this all happens, it begins to unravel. A girl in Cara's town goes missing and suddenly everyone is a suspect. By the sounds of it, this book is full of mystery and suspense, and I can't wait to start reading it!

Anomaly by Krista McGee - This book sounds to be a mix of the Divergent and Across the Universe, if you can imagine that. Thalli is different from others living in the State. She feels and questions things, unlike the other citizens who have had emotion genetically removed from their systems. Up until now, Thalli has kept her malformation a secret from those monitoring her, but she can't keep her emotions hidden away forever. I've been looking for a good Dystopian/ SciFi to read and I'm hoping this will turn out to be as good as reviews make it out to be. On Goodreads, this has been tagged under Christian Fiction which is a little odd, so I'm hoping it doesn't come across to preach-y, but we shall see.

If you'd like to keep up with what I'm currently reading, check out my Goodreads page where I document everything I read.

What books are you planning on reading?


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...