Saturday, 5 December 2015

MAC'S TWIG LIPSTICK DUPES (MID-RANGE AND INEXPENSIVE)


Hello again lovely people! A few months ago, you might remember I wrote a post on the new lipstick I bought from Mac called Twig. It's a beautiful rose brown lipstick that I think looks really nice against my pale skin and red hair. Now, being a Mac lipstick, it isn't exactly cheap, so I am always on the lookout for similar coloured lipsticks to Twig, without the $40 price tag. I came across these two lipsticks which I think are veeeerrrryyyy similar to Twig, so I thought I would show you some side by side comparisons. See what you think...


From top to bottom: Twig by MAC, Seductive Sienna by Revlon (Mid-range) and Caramelised Dessert by Models Prefer (Inexpensive).

From these swatches you can probably tell that all three lipsticks share that lovely dusty rose undertone, which I think is a really flattering colour on most people. The colour by Revlon is probably the most matte formula out of the three and is slightly darker than Twig. That being said however, it looks almost identical on the lips. The Models Prefer lipstick is one that I recently picked up for around $8 in Sydney, and it is marketed as a matte formula also. While it is matte, I do find the formula to be a little more moisturising and the colour payoff to be not as strong as the aforementioned two, but it is still such a lovely lipstick that I know I will be reaching for often. Again, this colour looks very similar to the other two once on the lips.



If there are any lipstick colours you'd like me to try and find a mid-range and inexpensive dupe for, please let me know in the comments below. I have way too many lipsticks, so I feel I could help other people find an affordable option for lipsticks that may be on the pricey side.

I hope you have all had a lovely week and I'd love to know what you are all planning to do these Christmas holidays!




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...