Sunday, 27 December 2015

DEWY SKIN FOR COMBO/OILY


Being a girl with combo/oily skin, the trend of dewy skin was never something I tried out all too often. The main reason for this is because a few hours after I apply my makeup, my skin tends to get shiny and instead of looking dewy, I just look like a person who's mid way through an oil cleanse.

Until somewhat recently, I would usually opt for a matte base to avoid the dreaded shine, but I've found out a method to achieve dewy skin even if you have an oily complexion or it is the middle of summer. I like to call this method, 'the selective glow.'

Now, this step may seem completely counterintuitive because we are aiming to avoid greasiness on the skin, not add it, but believe me, this works!
What you first need to do after you wash your face, is apply a moisturiser to alleviate any dry patches and generally even out your skintone before applying any make up on top. By moisturising the skin to start, you stop your skin from over producing oil to compensate for the lack of moisture. The moisturiser I've been using recently is the Every Morning Moisturiser by Goodness Skincare. I usually leave this to soak in a little bit before proceeding on with the next steps.

Then I pump out one pump of the Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer onto my fingers, and dot this onto my forehead, my nose and my chin, gently spreading it into the skin. Again, leave this to dry a little before using your usual foundation/BB cream/powder over top. You will find that the areas you applied the bourjois Primer will have a natural matte finish and it will stay that way for just about the entire day.

After i've applied my base products onto my skin, I then go in with Topshop's Glow Cream Highlighter and pat this on the top of my cheekbones, down the bridge and tip of my nose.

And there you have it! A really pretty dewy makeup look that those dealing with oily skin or warm weather can rock. The areas where you've 'highlighted' with the Topshop glow will look radiant and fresh and the areas where you applied the matte serum will remain matte and non-oily.

                 I'd love to know how you find this method of 'the selective glow' if you decide give                                                                                    it a go! 


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...