Friday, 21 August 2015

TIPS TO SAVE MONEY


Hello lovelies! I hope you are all well.
Recently I've been trying really hard to save some money, especially seeing as at the end of this year I will be heading off to Sydney for a holiday. I'm sure many people would agree with me when I say it can be particularly difficult to save money, when we have things such as credit and debit cards, and there is very little transfer of ACTUAL money being done. Now that I'm being more strict on myself with my money, I feel like saving is something that's not as hard as it may have seemed at the beginning. Here are a few tips I use, to help me save.

1. The most helpful tip I can suggest would be to download a budgeting app on your phone. The one I use is called Daily Budget. In this particular app, you put in your income amount, (you can choose the option of weekly, bi weekly, monthly etc.) and then you put in your recurring spendings, such as bus card top ups, phone plan and food. Finally you decide how much you want to save in the long term, and then it will calculate your savings. Each day, the app will calculate how much you have in savings and will display on the home screen, that way you can easily check where you're at with your money.

2. As I said before, it can be particularly hard to save when using cards, because there is no physical money being passed over. That's why when I go out, I will sometimes take cash only. This means I limit my spending to only what I have on me, as opposed to all the money in my bank account. If you're going out shopping with friends, and feel like you may be inclined to spend more while with them, take $30, (or whatever your budget allows.) That way you won't spend what you don't have.

3. My final tip to you, is to put aside a percentage of your income, as you receive it. For example, I get a weekly income, and from that, I put $100 into my savings account, which essentially means that I'm not allowed to get at it. If you are finding it difficult to resist delving into your savings, I know that with some banks, you can make a locked account, meaning that if you want to withdraw money, you have to actually go into a branch and do it there.


I hope at least one of these tips were helpful! If you have any tips on saving money, I would love to hear them!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...