Monday, 17 August 2015

CURRENTLY LOVING • AUGUST 2015


I know, I know! I haven't posted for a while! I'm really sorry guys! Uni, as per usual has been crazy busy, with assignments and essays due. I'm going to try and organise some more scheduled posts for the periods where I'm too busy to blog. On the topic of scheduled posts, what do people think of them? Yay or nay? 



Anyway, onto the main topic of todays post, which includes some of the products I've been loving lately.

Recently I've been pretty minimal in my make up and skincare, as I honestly can't be bothered at the moment with anything too fussy. I've been keeping my base make up a lot lighter these days, to help my skin breath a bit more, especially seeing as it's been acting up with the stress. 

A little while ago, I was kindly sent a couple of things from Manuka Doctor by the lovely Megan, which I have really enjoyed testing out. (You may remember a few posts ago, I mentioned how I had been loving the Manuka Doctor Bee Venom Mask). 

APICLEAR PURIFYING FACIAL PEEL*: The first product from this range that I wanted to mention, is the Manuka Doctor Apiclear Purifying Facial Peel*. This is a peel off mask that is designed to refresh and rejuvenate the skin's surface, reduce fine lines and improve the skins texture and firmness. I apply a thin layer of the mask on my skin, avoiding getting it too close to my eyes/eyebrows and my mouth. I focus the product particularly around my nose and chin, as this is where my skin gets the oiliest. After about 20-30 minutes the mask is ready to peel off. (This is the most exciting bit!) After peeling away the mask, I gently rinse off any small bits of mask that I couldn't peel off, and pat my skin dry. My skin is left feeling so clean and fresh! While I did notice my skin purge a little the day after I applied this, it cleared up quickly to reveal smooth and even skin. I use this about 2-3 times a week, and each time, it makes my skin soooo lovely and smooth!

APIREFINE FLAWLESS ADVANCED PRIMER*: The next product by the Apirefine range by Manuka Doctor is their Flawless Advanced Primer*. I'm not usually one to always use a primer underneath my make up, but this one really interested me, particularly because it claimed to reduce pore size as well as control sebum and oil. The first time I used this I noticed that the product dried to a really nice matte finish upon the skin, but it wasn't so matte that it dried out my skin. This primer really helps to smooth any rougher patches on the skin, as well as any enlarged pores you might have. I found this primer particularly interesting as well, because it didn't have that silicone feel that some primers have. I don't have anything against silicone primers, but it's nice to have a change and use something a little bit lighter on the skin. The product itself is slightly tinted, which I was a little worried about at first because it looked too dark for my skintone, but it turns out the colour is very sheer and barely noticeable on the skin and provides a slight evening out effect.

TOPSHOP GLOW IN POLISHED: You're probably sick of seeing this has been in other posts, but I can't get over how beautiful this is on the skin. I originally bought this because I had read so many reviews raving about it and I didn't have any cream highlighters in my make up collection. I am so pleased I did purchase it because I have used it just about everyday since! The light champagne shade is perfect for my very fair skin, because it doesn't look too yellow or pink toned and it actually shows up! ha! The shimmer is very finely milled, so it creates a really natural dewy highlight that looks great during the day AND at night. I have tried applying it using my fingers and a brush, and both work equally as well as each other. I'll definitely be repurchasing this once I've finished the pot, though that being said, I've barely make a dent in it, so this should last me till my retirement! 

COLLECTION BLUSH IN BASHFUL*: I've owned this blush for a while, but it was only recently that I rediscovered how much I love using it! This is one of those brilliant blush shades that you can never overdo (I'm looking at you MAC) as it's very sheer. There is a slight shimmer that runs throughout the pan, that gives a really fresh looking glow to the face once applied. Hence the reason why this is my go-to blush when I don't have much time to apply my make up and I have to skip out on my highlighter. Once I finish this pan, I'm  definitely going to check out some of the other colours available! If you are just starting out in make up and are scared you will overdo it on the blush, check out this one, as I assure you, it will always look beautiful, no matter how heavy handed you are!

REVLON MATTE LIPSTICK IN SEDUCTIVE SIENNA: For a while I had been looking for a brick/brown lipstick that I could wear both during the day as well as nighttime. I came across this shade by Revlon and I was instantly sold. Not only is it a matte finish, (my bae) but it was the exact shade I was looking for! This can be patted onto the lips for a more natural, dark nude look, or it can be boldly applied for a more night time look. It's a beautiful shade which looks especially nice with a rust/orange toned smokey eye or winged eyeliner. Despite being a matte formula, I don't find this lipstick to be drying at all! It feels really natural on the lips, and lasts quite well through eating and drinking. Revlon have some really beautiful lipsticks in their matte range, so I'd definitely recommend you check them out!

I'd love to know what products you've been loving recently! Anything you'd recommend I try out?


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...