Saturday, 11 July 2015

KOREAN BEAUTY



Hello lovely people, today I wanted to show you some of the Korean beauty products that I bought online a few months ago. Having purchased these a while ago, I feel I have had enough time to play around with them, and work out which products worked for me and which didn't.

For a while I've been really interested in Asian make up and skincare, particularly beauty products from Korea, as I've always seen Korea as being very ahead in terms of fashion and beauty. I went onto Ebay and spent sometime browsing through the adorable packaging and amusing names, and finally picked out a few items that I wanted to try out. I aimed to try out a range of products, instead of sticking to just one category, such as lips or eyes. In the end, I purchased some Sheet Masks, a primer, two BB creams, a lip colour, an eyebrow pencil and an eye crayon. This is a long post, so perhaps grab a cup of tea or your favourite hot or cold beverage and a cracker or two to sustain you throughout the post.

VANEDO BEAUTY FRIENDS SHEET MASK: I ordered two of these masks; the 'Green Tea' mask which I've already used, and the 'Vitamin' mask, which I've yet to try out. If you haven't used a sheet mask before, they are basically a piece of cloth with holes cut out for your eyes, nose and mouth, that you lay on your face and leave on for about 30 minutes. These sheet masks are pre-soaked in a hydrating 'essence' which is infused with ingredients such as collagen, royal jelly, Aloe etc. The Green Tea mask that I tried did nothing too extraordinary too my skin, at most making my complexion feel a bit more hyrdated. That being said however, I had a lot of fun putting it on my face and creeping around frightening both my family members and friends (on Snapchat). I love the concept of sheet masks as they require very little clean up, simply peel of the mask and throw it away, and unlike clay based masks, they don't dry up on your skin. I'm definitely interested to try out a couple more sheet masks, both of different brands and essences. 

ETUDE HOUSE GOODBYE PORE-EVER: This caught my eye because it is very similar to Benefit's Pore-fessional which I really enjoyed using, to help minimise the slightly larger pores on my nose and cheeks. This is a thinner consistency than the Pore-fessional, therefore it spreads across the skin a lot easier in my opinion. This primer does a pretty good job at smoothing out my pores, similarly to it's Benefit counterpart, the only difference really being that it leaves an ever-so-slightly greasy finish. However, this isn't too much of an issue for me, as I make sure I use a powder to set everything at the end. If you would like to try the Benefit Pore-fessional, but don't want to spend $58 on it, give the Etude House Goodbye Pore-Ever a go! (did I mention that I love a good pun?)

HOLIKA HOLIKA AQUA PETITJELLY BB & MISSHA PERFECT COVER BB: Being the pale person that I am, I cannot use the Western BB creams which just about every makeup brand seems to be bringing out these days . Those BB creams are far too orange or pink and make me look like either a lightly cooked piece of ham or a Twistie. And I'm personally not about either of those looks. So instead, I looked into the more 'authentic' Asian BB creams, which seem to cater more to the paler population. I came across the Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB and the Missha Perfect Cover BB, both of which I had read promising reviews on. The Holika Holika BB is my favourite out of the two and is a constant staple in my makeup routine. It's got a light - medium coverage, which is pretty buildable and it blends seamlessly into the skin. I either apply this with my hands or a damp beauty blender sponge. I do find that I have to set this BB with a powder or else it can look a bit shiny, but once I've done this, it lasts really well throughout the day. The Missha BB is more on the sheer side and has a much shinier finish than the former. I would wear this one more in the summer when I don't want anything too heavy as my base. As with the Holika Holika one, I set this one with powder too.

MISSHA PERFECT EYEBROW STYLER: First of all, when this arrived it was broken, so I had to work extra hard to make this work, as the pencil 'lead' kept falling out onto my face when I was using it. I was excited to use this because it has an angled tip to it, which I thought, would help to mimic the individual eyebrow hairs. Unfortunately, I found the pencil to be too big and thick, which meant that I couldn't get the fine lines I was hoping for. Also, this product is quite hard and waxy, and I got barely any colour payoff which was a little disappointing. The one thing that I do enjoy about this product however, is the 'switchable' spoolie/smudge tool on the end of the pencil. That was pretty dandy.

TONY MOLY CRYSTAL STICK SHADOW: This is a shimmery, slightly creamy twist up shadow stick, which you can either use as an eyeliner or an all over shadow. The colour I chose is a lovely golden, almost bronze brown colour which looks really lovely smudged into the lash line with another darker colour, or just on its own, swept all over the lid. It applies quite pigmented, but by smudging and blending a bit with your finger, you can create a much more sheer look. I'm so keen to look into buying more of the colours- there was a pretty champagne pink colour which has my name written all over it!

HOLIKA HOLIKA PRO BEAUTY TINT TOK: This is one of the stranger lip products that I've used, not because it's double sided, but because of the unusual sponge applicator that you use to apply the lipstick. This took me a while to work out, but the lipstick is inside the lid, so when you close the lid, the sponge dips into the colour, ready for the next application. I really like the look of this product when applied to the lips with a sponge. Its a lot lighter and more natural looking that applying the colour with a brush or your fingers. The shade I bought, (a peachy pink) is also the PERFECT 'your lips but better colour', which is nice for when I want to even out the pigment on my lips a bit. Again, I'm going to look at the other colours available. 

I apologise for how long this post is, I didn't mean to write so much, but once I get started, it's hard to stop! I'd love to know if you have tried out either of these products or brands, and if you have any suggestions on other Korean makeup I should try or review, please let me know!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...