Tuesday, 7 July 2015

FAVE BEAUTY BITS


It's been a little while since I've done a 'favourites' sort of post, and while I can't commit to doing monthly favourites, (as most of my favourite products stay the same) I want to do a few posts each year where I share with you a couple of 'beauty bits' that I've enjoyed using. Without further ado, here are the products I've been loving over the past few weeks.

REVITALASH EYELASH CONDITIONER*: I've been using this for a good few weeks now, and I can definitely see a difference in not only the condition of my lashes but the length! My lashes have always been on the rather sparse and short range of the 'lash spectrum,' (totally made that spectrum up) but with using this lash conditioner on my lashes before bed, they have become a lot fuller and quite noticeably longer! I don't use this every single night, the reason being that I often forget, but I don't think this is too much of a problem because I seem to still be seeing results. This is very expensive, I'm not gonna lie, but if you have the money to spend, and would like to have long, thick lashes, give this a go!

APINOURISH BEE VENOM MASK*: I must admit, the name of this mask initially frightened me, but I had read so many wonderful reviews of this mask online and in magazines, so I gave it a go and I am so glad that I did! I've got relatively sensitive skin, so the thought of putting a product containing bee venom on my face did seem like it was going to be a silly idea, but this didn't make my skin flare up at all. I only got a slight tingly and warm sensation upon applying the mask to my face, so in other words, not the reaction I thought I would have. The bee venom plumps up the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. While I don't have any wrinkles yet, I do have quite a few lines around the corners of my eyes from smiling, and this really helped to smooth these out. It also smells AMAZING! This product is pretty pricey at $85, but you don't need to use a lot of the mask, so I reckon you get your moneys worth in the long run. 

TOPSHOP NUDE EYES IN STRIPPED: For a while I had been on the lookout for a pink toned nude shadow that I could wear either all over my lid on it's own, or paired with a taupe or warm brown in the crease and outer V. I came across this in the new Topshop store in Queen Street, and instantly knew I had found the colour I had been looking for. It took me a little while to work out the best way to apply this, but I quickly figured it out and it has become a staple in a lot of my make up looks recently. I usually use a fluffy yet dense brush to apply this to my eyelids, starting by depositing the most colour on the outer corner, (applying it too close to the inner corner can bring about some pink-eye vibes, which I personally am not about, but if you are, good on you) and then blending into the centre of my lid. While this cream product lasts pretty well on it's own with minimal creasing, I often like to set it with the next product I will talk about...

MAC BLUSH IN TENDERLING: I bought this a few months ago when I was wanting a contouring powder that would suit my very pale skin. I did use it at the time for contouring and it was a pretty good match for me, but as I don't contour a whole lot, this blush slowly got pushed to the back of my blush drawer. It wasn't until recently when I was going through some old makeup, I came across it again, and made myself get back into using it. Instead of using it as a contour powder however, I started using it as an eyeshadow, both on top of the Topshop Nude eyes (mentioned above) and by itself. I particularly like to use this colour in the crease of my eyes when I'm doing a winged liner look as I find it gives my eyes a bit more definition and creates a beautiful hazy pinky taupe colour when blended well.

ABH BROW WIZ IN TAUPE (ASH BLONDE): A few months ago, my mum bought the ABH Dip brow Pomade in Taupe, as I've been teaching her how to fill in her eyebrows, (Mama on fleeeek!) I found myself often borrowing the dipbrow as it was such a perfect colour for my brows, but I didn't particularly like how long it took me to use the product, and I wanted to find a 'pencil' alternative. Luckily for me, ABH does a brilliant range of brow pencils called the 'Brow Wiz' which have an incredibly small, twist up pencil and a spoolie on the other end. I got the same shade as the Dipbrow and it is just as good as I had hoped it would be! It has the perfect amount of pigmentation, which means that I don't accidentally apply too much product and can slowly build up the colour to my desired opacity. Now that I'm a red head, I find that this is a great match for my hair as it's not too ashy, but not bright red or golden either. If you would like to see an in depth brow routine post, let me know and I will do that.


What have been some of your favourite beauty bits recently?


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...