Tuesday, 14 July 2015

ACCIDENTAL PURCHASES


Have you ever been 'window shopping' online, mindlessly putting items in your basket, then looked at the price, cried a little inside and then exit out of the browser? Well I definitely have, more than enough times. The incident I shall tell you about occurred about a little over a week ago, when I was looking at the brand new Zoella Beauty range on FeelUnique. My online 'window shopping' started off as normal, looking at various products I was lusting over, when I suddenly remembered that the Zoella Beauty range was due to be released soon. Surely enough, when I returned to the home page of FeelUnique, I saw the banner for the newly released products, and I rushed to check out the prices of the products, hoping that they hadn't already sold out. The products were relatively cheap, so I quickly added the Foam Sweet Foam Cleansing Shower Gel and Scrubbing Me Softly Smoothing Body Scrub into my basket. I then realised that while I did really want to try these products, I didn't need them, seeing as I already bought a new body scrub and I had far too many shower gels to use up. I also have been trying to cut down on spending money on things that I merely want, rather than need, as I am a student after all.
Reluctantly I closed the tab and went on with watching Orphan Black, (this is how most of my days are spent.) 

Later that night, my FeelUnique Basket began calling my name, and of course I had to return to see how it was doing. Were the items I'd put in my basket sold out? No. Good. But when will they sell out? 
I started teetering around the edge of giving in and buying the items, but I couldn't be bothered getting out my debit card to make the purchase. Then I remembered I had PayPal. The problem with PayPal though, is that they usually add tax, and I am in no hurry to spend an extra few dollars on using PayPals service. Anyway, I decided to check and see what the cost would be, if I were to purchase the products through PayPal, after all, the website said that it would be at least another 3 steps before I would have to confirm my order. I logged into PayPal and clicked 'next'. Mind you, this was just to see how much it was going to cost with PayPal. I figured that I would be able to exit out after this step if I decided I didn't want to confirm the purchase. So just after I logged in, my computer/the website took over completely and 'tada!' My purchase went through!
What?! I didn't confirm the order?! How did this happen?!

The products arrived today, and I can only think how stupid I was to accidentally order something online! Both the Scrub and the shower gel smell very nice, so it's not like I'm disappointed with my purchases. I just can't work out how I managed to do what I did!

Have you ever accidentally bought something online without meaning to? 


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...