Thursday, 25 June 2015

Wanting To Try A New Hair Colour?...


Hi everyone!
If you're friends with me on Facebook or follow my instagram, you'd know that I recently coloured my hair an auburn/ginger colour, which I have wanted since I was about 11, (I'm 18 now!) It all started with discovering Florence and the Machine, and absolutely adoring Florence Welch's amazing red hair, (albeit not natural.)
I normally dye my hair with John Frieda's Precision Foam Hair Colour in the shade Medium Ash Blonde, which I did do this time, except, after I dyed it with this, I applied the Schwarzkopf Live Colour in Aztec Copper



This product is kind of like a toner, which you apply to your hair and leave in for around 45 minutes for a vibrant colour, and then wash out. It claims to last around only 8 washes, though I've gotten to about 3 washes, and it's just about faded completely. 
Because my hair is short, yet relatively thick, I used two boxes to completely cover my hair, but if you have short, thin hair, you could get by with just one. The product itself is quite thick which at times meant it could be difficult to spread throughout the hair, but by running the product through my hair with my fingers and then combing through, I managed to evenly distribute the product throughout.

I waited about 30 minutes before I washed it out, as I didn't want it to be too bright to begin with, although in hindsight I wish I had left it in for a bit longer. After rinsing out the product, I dried my hair to see what the outcome was, and I was very pleasantly surprised! The colour was even all over, no blotchiness at all, and my hair was incredibly shiny. 

This range would be perfect if you want to try out a hair colour without the commitment and hassle of a permanent dye. They have quite a few colours in the range including bright colours such as pink, purple and blue.

I am going to dye my hair with a permanent red hair dye soon, but I have to wait for a bit so I don't cause too much damage to my hair, which is why you'll see my hair gradually fading in pictures. I'll keep you posted in regards to that.

What hair colour have you always wanted to try?


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...