Monday, 13 April 2015

Tutorial • Jane Levy Inspired Makeup


Hello again! Today I am here to share with you a make up look I did, inspired by the beautiful Jane Levy. This is an inspired look, because I only took inspiration from a photo of her, and played around with the look to suit my face. So the eye make up isn't an exact copy, but I still loved how it turned out. Without further ado, here is the look!




1. To start off this look, I applied the Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream in the shade 01 all over my face with the Real Techniques Sponge. you can use your fingers to apply this BB cream, but I prefer the coverage I get when I dab it onto the skin with a sponge.

2. Next I dotted a little of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade 01* underneath my eyes, again, blending out with my Real Techniques Sponge.

3. Using MAC's eyeshadow in Omega, I lightly filled in my eyebrows to neaten them up a bit. For this look I wanted to keep my brows looking natural, but not too sparse.

4. Then I stippled on a little of the NYX Cream Blush in the shade Rose Petal.

5. Now onto the eyes, I swept the pigment in the colour Honey Child by Napoleon Perdis all over the lid and slightly above the crease. Then I took the colour #538 by Art Deco on a pencil brush and blended that into the crease and along the lower lashline. I then used a mixture of Art Deco's Mineral Eye Styler in the shade Mineral Ivory and NYX's Jumbo pencil in the shade Yoghurt, to highlight my inner eye corner. I also ran a little of the Art Deco pencil along my lower waterline to open up and brighten my eyes. To further make the eyes 'pop', I also added a thin line of MAC's Tempting close to the lower lashes.

6. Even though in the photo I was using as reference, Jane didn't seem to have much or any eyeliner on, I added a some on anyway because I like the way it makes my eyes look. Feel free to not do this if you don't feel like it. For my liner I used my favourite Za Liquid Liner Pen* to draw on a winged liner.

7. To finish off the eyes, I curled my lashes and applied a coat of Collections Supersize Mascara* on my top and bottom lashes. Then, just for fun, I added on some false lashes. The ones I used here are the Eylure Naturals in number 015

8. For the lips, I outlined them with MAC's Pro Longwear Lip pencil in the shade More to Love and filled them in with the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in the shade #106.

9. To help give my roots a little texture, I sprinkled in a little of the Fudge Urban Powder Styler Instant Root Boost* into my hair, on either side of my part. After curling my hair, I then used a couple of bobby pins to secure one side of my hair behind my ear. 


I hope some of you found this tutorial helpful, and I'd love to see you recreate this look for yourself! If you do, take a picture and tag me in it on instagram or Twitter!

My yellow top is from Boohoo, by the way ;)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...