Thursday, 16 April 2015

Review • Remington Flawless Nails Manicure & Pedicure Kit

Hello lovelies! I hope everyone’s week is going well! I am currently in my last week of the mid semester break, and getting ready to return back to uni to finish off semester 1! I can’t believe how fast the first few weeks of uni flew by! 



Today I am reviewing the new Remington Flawless Nails Manicure and Pedicure Kit*, which I was very kindly sent by the lovely Elysia. This kit consists of 10 interchangeable attachments for filing, buffing, cleaning, shaping and callus/rough skin removal, as well as a cuticle stick and nail dryer. This kit also claims to be suitable on both natural and acrylic nails too!




I was interested to try this out. because I wanted to see if I would reach more for this kit rather than my usual nail file and buffing block. I was also intrigued by all the different filing and buffing attachments in particular, because to be honest, I find the task of manually filing and buffing my nails to be incredibly boring.

The main “appliance” that all of the attachment heads fit into, has two speed settings, which you can easily change depending on which attachment is being used, or what nails you are working on (natural or acrylic). Seeing as I don’t wear acrylic nails, I mainly kept the speed setting on the lowest, as I didn’t want to file my nails down too quickly!






To start, I cleaned under the nails with the included cuticle stick to remove any dirt/dust. Next I attached the fine grit filing disk and carefully filled the general shape of the nail. In this case, I went for squoval. I would recommend starting your filing on the lowest setting because I found when I put up the speed, not only did I have less control over how much I wanted to file, but I also managed to “burn” my finger tip by the friction of the file against my skin surface. Ouch! If you were preparing the nails for acrylics, this filing disk would be perfect to add texture on the nail plate to give the false nail something to grip onto. Just be sure you don’t press down too hard! After creating the general nail shape I wanted, I changed to the precision shaping cone, to smooth out the edges and perfect the squoval shape. This filing cone as well as the cylinder are of a much finer grit, which means they smooth rather than file away too much of the nail.

Next, I used the mini cleaning brush to quickly dust away any powdery residue from filing, before continuing on. I then went on to buffing and polishing the nail plate, ready to apply a base coat. To be honest, I didn’t find either of the polishing disks did anything, which was a little disappointing. Anyway, I then applied a base coat, and placed the nails into the high speed dryer fan. In theory this dryer is such a good idea, but I think it needs a little tweaking in it’s design if it is going to be used by anyone with average sized hands! My hands are not huge, but I found it to be a little bit of a struggle to fit my fingers in the cave-like dryer, without smudging whatever it was I had on my nails, whether it be base coat or nail polish. I finally finished up, with two coats of black nail polish, drying the nails in between the coats with the ‘cave-dryer’.

Overall, I was pretty underwhelmed by this Manicure and Pedicure kit, because I expected so much from the features it offered. I feel this would be better to use if you were doing someone else nails, and were planning on spending a bit more time on them, than if you were just doing your own nails. But that being said, I reckon this kit is more suited towards acrylic nail wearers. Not only are the filing plates better suited towards tough acrylic nails, but they are probably less time consuming to use than a regular nail file. As you may have noticed in the photos, the cuticle stick is missing, because unlike the attachment heads, the cuticle stick does not click into the base of the storage chamber. I found this to be annoying, because I was constantly loosing it, and would only find it later on in the day.


I feel like for what it is, this Nail kit is not work the $100 price tag, and I wouldn’t recommend it for everyday use on natural nails. If, however, you work with acrylic nails a lot, then this might be better suited for you. If you have tried this kit, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. If you haven’t tried this kit, do you think you’d you would?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...