Thursday, 12 March 2015

My Favourite 'Detergent' for Squeaky Clean Brushes


I must admit, cleaning my make up brushes is a task I really don't like to do, and probably don't do enough of, (yes! I know, I'm bad!) This year, I've tried my best to keep on top of this task, washing my brushes at LEAST every 2 weeks, (every week was a bit too ambitious) to keep everything nice and hygienic. Before finding this brush cleaner I will be talking about, I would use Johnson's Baby Shampoo, which does a perfectly good job at cleaning most of my brushes. The only thing I don't like about this shampoo is that with some of my denser brushes, (Real Techniques buffing brush, I'm looking at you) I found that there would still be traces of foundation deep down, toward the base of the bristles. While I will still use the baby shampoo every now and again, I found an amazing brush cleaner that removes every single trace of makeup and quite literally, leaves them squeaky clean.

Because the name of this brush cleaner is in Japanese, I don't actually know what it's called, but you can buy it from Daiso and Ebay, (which is where I purchased mine from) and it's marketed as a 'Detergent for Puff and Sponge'. This stuff is sooo amazing at dissolving the makeup stuck in the makeup brush bristles and Disinfecting the brush to ensure there is no bacterial transfer onto the skin. The actual product is really thin and liquid-y, meaning you don't need to use very much, therefore making the most of the 80ml you pay for. It lathers up really nicely and rinses out with ease. I also find my brushes dry faster after having washed them with this too, but I might just be imagining that! 

Have you tried this brush cleaner? If you have, i'd love to know what you thought!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...