Sunday, 11 January 2015

Tips for a Good Nights Sleep





Now that it’s the holidays, I’ve found myself straying away from my usual sleeping routine. I go to bed very late/early (whoops!) and wake up late. I also find that my quality of sleep isn’t all that great either, and being someone who is a very light sleeper, any quality sleep I can get it vital.

Here are some methods I’ve been using to try and return back to being a normal person that sleeps (HA!)

One thing I find really helps when I’m having trouble sleeping is having a bath. Currently in NZ it is summer, so having a steaming hot bath isn’t ideal, but even just a warm bath with a bath bomb or bubbles is really lovely and helps me to relax in preparation for sleep. If you want, you could add a couple of drops of lavender essential oil into the bath to calm and clear your mind.

Being active throughout the day. I find the days where I’ve been active, whether that be swimming or walking around the block, I am a lot more tired when bedtime rolls around and fall asleep much quicker.

Get into bed at a reasonable time. A lot of the time, I go to sleep late because I have actually gotten into bed too late and haven’t ‘wound-down’ properly. I aim to try and get into bed about an hour/an hour and a half before I actually plan to sleep. This leaves me time to do any last minute email checks, writing in dates for things in my planner and finally reading a book. (currently I’m reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell).

If all else fails, and you can’t sleep, just lie in bed and relax. My mum used to always tell me to just lie in bed and relax if I couldn’t get to sleep. Your body will allow to you fall asleep if it needs to, so don’t worry about not falling asleep instantly. Sleep will come sure enough.

What are some of your tips for getting a good nights sleep?


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...