Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Nail It: Manicure Must-haves


It's quite ironic that I'm writing this post now as I sit here with terribly chipped pink nail polish on, but I realised I hadn't done a post like this and wanted to share a few products with you that I've been really loving using on my nails.

I am the worst for ripping off my nails (not completely off, but you know what I mean) when I am stressed or nervous, and it doesn't help that my nails grow veeeeerrry slowly. Ripping and picking at your nails not only looks pretty gross, but it's actually a breeding ground for bacteria which can cause some nasty infections if not taken care of. Now I'm not normally one to buy into products that claim to magically grow your nails, but I believe that the Maximum Growth by Sally Hansen and Essie's Help Me Grow treatments really do work. I apply the maximum growth on my nails every few days when I don't have any nail polish on. It's a thin product, so you can apply multiple layers without it looking weird and thick. I use the Help Me Grow underneath my nail polish as a strengthening base coat. Not only does this make my nails noticeably stronger and more durable, it also works fabulously as a base coat because it really smooths over any ridges in the nail plate and helps nail polish really stick.

In terms of nail polishes, I've really been enjoying the formulas of both Essie and Max Factor Glossfinity. Both have really nice brushes that spread the product evenly over the nail without streaking and dry with lovely shine without a topcoat. The Max Factor nail polishes last at least 4-5 days without chipping.

To finish off my manicure, I apply the Essence Gel-Look topcoat. This is my FAVOURITE topcoat I've ever tried because it's super duper shiny and glossy looking and really locks in the colour of your nail polish. I've had this for a good few months and it hasn't gone all gloopy in the bottle either, which a lot of topcoats tend to do! And best of all, it's incredibly inexpensive, being around the $3-4 mark. I know that a few people didn't get on with this product, so if you've tried it, I'd be interested to know what you thought of it.

I'd love to know what your Manicure must-haves are! 


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...