Saturday, 31 January 2015

'GOING OUT' MAKEUP VARIATION









So the other day I did a post about simple and fast 'going out' make up, and today I wanted to share a variation on the previous look, this time including a bold red lip. Like I said in my previous post, I often don't wear a bold lipstick if I know I'm going to be eating (such as at a restaurant), however If I'm going somewhere that doesn't include eating a full on meal then I will go all out and wear some lipstick. 

As usual, before I start I apply whatever moisturiser I feel like using that day and then prime my skin with Benefit's Porefessional primer*, focusing the product around the centre of my face where my pores are the largest. Then I dotted the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the shade 01 under my eyes and on any red spots and buffed it into my skin using the Jessup angled detailed brush. To set this concealer and even out any other areas of my face, I buffed the Chi Chi Real Minerals loose powder into my skin with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. As usual, I contoured using the AC On Tour Highlighting and Contouring Kit by Australis and applied the shimmery highlight from the same kit on the tops of my cheekbones. To bring back some colour into my fair skin, I dusted a little of Essence's Blush Up powder blush in the shade Heat Wave onto the apples of my cheeks and a little on the tip of my nose. 

Then onto brows, I use Za's Brow Liner* in the shade grey to fill in any sparse areas in my brows and set them using the Model's prefer Brow Fixer.

I kept the eyes pretty simple considering I was going to be applying a bold red lipstick. First I ran the NYX Jumbo Pencil in the shade Yogurt all over my lid and blended it out with my finger. Then a set this with an Art Deco Shadow in the colour 373 Glam Gold Dust before lining my top lid with a cat eye flick using the Za Liquid Liner*. To finish the eyes, I curled my lashes and put on two coats of Collection Super Size Mascara* on my upper and lower lashes.

Finally, for the lips, I lined the edges with the NYX Retractable Lip Liner in Red to create a crisp line and blended this inward with my Real Techniques Fine Detailer brush. Then I applied Lime Crime's Velvetine in Red Velvet to fill in the rest.

I hope you liked this look and please send me pictures if you decide to recreate this look yourself!





0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...