Monday, 26 January 2015

Books: TBR


I've come to the conclusion that I am unable to go to a bookstore without buying a book. I just can't do it! Which is why I end up with a big pile of books that I need to get around to reading. While I've been pretty good in that I've reduced the number of books in my TBR (to be read) pile already, I've still got a fair few to get onto reading. I can't complain though because I actually love having a bunch of books waiting, as it motivates me to read more often and I don't have big long gaps between each new book. So, anyway, without further ado, here are the books in my (greatly reduced) TBR pile...

Looking for Alaska: Like everyone else, I read and really enjoyed The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and wanted to find more books by him to read. I picked this book up at the airport because I was going to read on the plane, but then I think I watched a movie instead, and the book remained in my bag. I'd heard a few people had really liked 'Looking for Alaska', so I thought I'd give this book a go.

Jane Eyre: This was a bit of a strange novel to buy, because I'm not normally one to read 'gothic/romantic literature' (if you could call it that). But this year, I'm making an effort to broaden my reading by looking at some classics. Sanne over at Booksandquills had done a video on this book and her review made me wanna check it out. Opening up the book and seeing how small the text is and how many pages there are is quite daunting, but I'm determined to read this from start to finish!

If I Stay: The movie of 'If I Stay' is out at the moment, or at least was out... (I don't know, for I live under a rock), but I didn't wanna watch the movie without having read the book first. So when I saw this in my local bookstore, I nabbed it up right away. I've heard great things about this book, so I can't wait to get into it!

Eleanor & Park: I'm thinking of reading this next, as I have just finished Fangirl by the same author (Rainbow Rowell) and I thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't want it to end! A friend of mine couldn't recommend this book enough, so when I saw the last copy of it in the bookstore, I had to buy it. I'm pretty sure this book is going to be a winner.

If you'd like to keep up with what I'm reading and check out what I've already read, head on over to my Goodreads profile and add me!

Have you read any of these books? What's in your TBR pile?


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...