Monday, 19 January 2015

Blushing Beauties


It has come to my realisation that I have a slight obsession with buying Blush. Now, I’m not sure when this became an obsession, but when you can no longer fit all your blushes into a single acrylic makeup drawer, that’s when you know you have a problem. Today I’ve grabbed a handful of my favourite blush products to share with you all!

MAC Powder Blush in Fleur Power: This was my first ever MAC blush that I bought a few years back and since then its appeared frequently in my makeup routine. It comes out as a really pretty soft rose colour, making it perfect to wear with any lipstick.

NYX Cream Blush in Rose Petal: This colour is very similar to Fleur Power, the only differences being that it’s ever so slightly darker and a cream formula. Despite being a cream, this blush can be layered over powder products without any weird powder/cream cakiness.

Rimmel London Powder Blush in Santa Rose: A beautifully muted and ‘barely there’ pink. This is my go to neutral blush when I want to wear a dark red or Burgundy lipstick. And with the tiniest bit of shimmer, this makes the skin appear to glow.

Topshop Powder Blush in Let Her Go: Don’t let the brightness of this colour in the pan put you off! A bright coral that adds a freshness to any makeup look, without going overboard. I have very fair skin, but this colour would also look so pretty on darker skin tones. Once applied there is no trace of “powdery-ness”.

Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in Flush: It was the formula of this blush that made me buy it because it’s like nothing I had ever seen before. Before you use it, shake the bottle to ensure the pigment is mixed with the liquid. Then squeeze a little bit onto the back of your hand to warm up the product before applying with a stippling brush. Being a more cool toned blush, it’s a different shade than I’m used to, but find that it still can be worn with many different makeup looks.

Essence Blush Up in Heat Wave: I think this is the only gradient blush that I own, but I definitely want more! This blush contains an orange shade and a bright pink shade which blend together in the middle of the pan. You can use just one of the shades or you can mix them together to create your own custom colour. Like the Topshop blush, this would look beautiful on darker skin tones as well as fairer.

Collection Blush in Bashful*: If you want a more affordable a slightly shimmery dupe of MAC’s Fleur Power, then this blush by Collection is for you. This blush is very easy to wear and creates a nice highlighted effect due to the tiny bits of shimmer throughout. This blush also has very good colour payoff, meaning you don’t have to dig into the blush to get any colour.


Dainty Doll Powder Blush in 04: My favourite Shimmery blush ever! (as far as I know) With very finely milled gold shimmer throughout, this blush is perfect to add a bit of warmth to the skin during the summer. It is also extremely pigmented so a little goes a long way.

Am I weird to have this many blushes? (this isn't even all of them!) What's an item of makeup that you obsessively collect?


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...