Monday, 1 December 2014

Review • Skinnies Sungel



Skinnies is a new kind of sunscreen which isn’t diluted with water like most, therefore a little goes a long way - A pea sized blob being the amount you need to cover your face, neck and ears for long lasting UV protection. This sun gel claims to be non greasy or oily, because of it being a gel instead of a cream, making it perfect as a primer for under makeup. 

I personally found the gel upon first application to have quite a silicone type texture (think Benefit porefessional primer) which I thought would be really nice under makeup, however, when I spread this out more onto my skin, the product began to feel quite greasy. I had made sure that I hadn’t applied too much (there is a guide on the bottle as to how much you should use), so the greasiness couldn’t be down to that. After I applied it on my face, I let it dry for about 3-4 minutes before beginning with my makeup for the day. I found my makeup applied smoothly, however I could just feel it slipping and sliding around my face a few minutes into filling in my eyebrows. The face makeup I was using was the Nude by Nature Mineral foundation, which is a powder, so I would have thought this would mattify down some of the greasiness, but unfortunately, it didn’t. I had to apply another mattifying powder over the top, but even this wasn’t enough. 

I used this again a few more times to make sure the first time wasn’t a fluke, except these times I waited and let the product dry for longer before I started with my makeup. While this did improve the outcome a little, I still felt my makeup slipping and sliding more than it normally would. I’m thinking it might be down to the fact that I have oily/combo skin, because my mum also tried this sun gel and really liked it (she has slightly drier skin than I do). I will continue to use this when I go outside in the sun or for a swim in the pool, as I really do want to make this product work, because the gel formula really does intrigue me. I’ll get back to you regarding this product after I’ve put it to the ‘swim test’, which should hopefully be soon!

Have you tried Skinnies Sungel? What did you think of it?


1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...