Thursday, 18 December 2014

Last Minute Christmas Stocking Fillers


Hey lovelies! With only a week until Christmas, I figured a last minute stocking filler post was in order. As you can see, some of these items I mention are probably best suited for a female or someone who wears make up. I'll hopefully be posting a Christmas Gift Guide for Men sometime soon, so look out for that. (On the topic of gift ideas for men, check out my friend Britney's video here, where she makes some awesome DIY Gifts for guys!)

NYX Cream Blush in Rose Petal: My mum actually got this for me while she was in Oz last week because of the name. It's a really lovely colour and has a nice semi dewy finish which looks really fresh on the skin.

Soap and Glory Hand Food: I purchased this earlier on in the year when I went to Melbourne and needed a hand cream. I'm quite picky when it comes to hand creams because I hate having greasy feeling hands, but this one absorbs really quickly and leaves hands feeling moisturised without that gross slippery residue. 

Sinful Colours Nail Enamel: This is by far the best 'cheap' nail polish I have ever used. It goes on smooth, doesn't feel at all 'plastic-y' and doesn't chip immediately without a topcoat. I'm currently wearing the shade Ruby Ruby and I'm feeling oh-so-festive.

Karen Murrell Lipstick*: These lipsticks are all natural, environmentally friendly and are from a New Zealand brand, (I'm all for supporting local businesses). They come in a variety of beautiful shades ranging from corals to bright reds to burgundy, so you can be sure you will find a shade that matches any skin tone. They are also Albertine approved because they smell delicious!

Skinfood Mud Masque: I used this masque a looooong time ago (when they had different packaging) and from what I remember, it was a really nice, purifying product. I repurchased this because I've heard it's very similar to the Glam Glow mask, which I'd have to sell my soul to afford. This would be great to give to someone who could do with a bit of a pamper session.

Luxury Lush Pud*: This next product is a new one to me - I've never used it before, but just by smelling it I know I'm gonna enjoy using it. This bath bomb is a part of Lush's Christmas collection and is perfect to use on Christmas Eve to unwind/calm down overly excited children. If you know someone who likes the Twilight bath bomb, they will love this as it contains the same relaxing scents. If you are the sort of person to give one present before Christmas day, let this be the one.

Celebrate Body Lotion*: Another new Lush product to me is the Celebrate Body Lotion. With citrus to lift the spirits and a splash of Cognac (which I find hard to pronounce for some reason) this will sure be a treat for the gift receiver. Similarly to the Soap and Glory Hand Food, this lotion is non greasy yet leaves the skin feeling velvety smooth.

Noted Gold Exercise Books: The final stocking filler is a bit of an odd one, but I use mine all the time for writing down blog post ideas and keeping track of my painting commissions. Pretty notebooks are always a great thing to add to Christmas stockings because everyone always finds a use for them. I particularly love these notebooks which are embossed with cute gold foil polkadots.

Do you have any more stocking filler ideas? Let me know below!


2 comments :

  1. I love the hand food and keep it in my purse and at my desk at work, it's an awesome stocking stuffer. lovely post x
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one day when I was at work and it made me smile like a clown when you mentioned me! Thankyou so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...