Tuesday, 25 November 2014

I'm Back! • Summer Proof Make up


I've finally finished my last ever high school exams and can go back to blogging! I'm sorry it's been so long without any posts, (I thought I would have time to do scheduled posts, but that unfortunately just didn't happen).

Seeing as it's coming into Summer here in New Zealand, I thought I might put together a "Summer Proof Make up" post, which goes over a couple of products I like to use during those boiling hot summer days.

I believe whatever skin products you put on before your make up really makes a difference in how the finished result will look. I have oily/combination skin, and in Summer my skin verges more on the oily side, so I like to use some sort of "mattifying" primer. The one I often reach for is the Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer - As the name would suggest, this primer not only helps keep your make up on, but creates a perfect matte base to apply your make up on top of.

During hot weather, I don't like to wear liquid foundation because I find that it feels too heavy and doesn't do my skin a whole lot of good. That is why I use the Nude by Nature Mineral Powder - a build-able base product that doesn't feel cakey or heavy. I usually apply thin layers at a time, really buffing it into the skin to give the most flawless coverage.

Next I use the HissyFit cream blush (unfortunately the name has rubbed off, but as you can see from the picture, it's a lovely peachy pink shade) to add a healthy flush to the apples of my cheeks. I love this blush because it doesn't feel sticky on the skin, like some other cream products do and it blends seamlessly into the skin. I got this product a while ago, and I can't seen to find a link for it online at the moment, but I'll keep looking.

To bring a little more colour and a slight glow to my skin, I use the Collection Bronze Glow Mosaic*. I dust this onto my cheekbones and temples with a light hand to give a subtle sun-kissed glow to the skin. This product blends really nicely into the skin, and is easy to blend out if, like me, you sometimes put a bit too much product onto the brush!

Now moving onto brows and eyes. I was recently sent a selection of brow pencils and eye liners from Za Cosmetics to try, and I've been wanting to share with you my love for these two products for a while, but exams were getting in the way. I absolutely LOVE the retractable brow liner in the shade Natural Grey* for quickly filling in the sparse areas of my eyebrows. It's a great product for hot weather because it's ever so slightly waxy formula means that it won't smear. Another bonus of this brow liner is the fact that it is a perfect colour match for my brows! Most brow products I see are too red toned and look weird against my ashy brow hairs. Don't let the name put you off, because it's actually more of a grey/taupe colour. I then set my brows in place with the Elf Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara.

The next product I'm going to mention is hands down, the best liquid liner pen I've ever tried. I normally don't use liquid liner pens because I never found they were very pigmented or long lasting. That being said, the Za Cosmetics Liquid Liner* is so easy to use, super pigmented and lasts all day. I can't remember exactly how much this retails for, however I know it's around the $20 mark. I'll definitely be repurchasing this when I run out.

To finish the eyes, I apply around 2 coats of the Essence All Eyes on Me Waterproof Marscara, to my upper and lower lashes. In the hot weather, normal (non waterproof) mascaras tend to smudge under my eyes, which I have to admit doesn't look the most glamorous. This mascara by Essence stays put until you take it off at the end of the day.

Last but certainly not least, I use the Karen Murrell lipstick* in the colour Coral Dawn (a lovely bright peachy/coral). I've talked about these lipstick before so I won't go on, but these are sooo nice and hydrating on the lips, and they last very well.

Let me know what your Summer Proof Make up consists of in the comments below, I really enjoy hearing what products other people love!



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...