Saturday, 27 September 2014

Review • Za Rich-Glam Liquid Rouge





The Rich-Glam Liquid Rouge by Za claims to give the rich colour of a lipstick with the glamorous shine of lipgloss in one application, so of course, I had to try it out for myself! The colours I tried are OR221* (a shimmery pink toned orange), RD301* (a non-shimmery pink toned nude) and PK331* (a shimmery medium pink). 

While I don't feel these are as pigmented as they claim to be, I adore the formula because it isn't sticky and feels super hydrating on my lips. After applying the Rich-Glam Liquid Rouge, you are supposed to rub your lips together to enable the gloss to seep out to the surface of the lips to provide a barrier to lock in the colour. Like I had said earlier, these aren't as pigmented as I'd hoped, but the gloss does help to keep what colour it does have on my lips for longer than a standard gloss. The gloss part of this product is VERY glossy, so if shiny lips isn't really your thing, then these might not be for you. However you can reduce the some of the shine by blotting the lips lightly with a tissue. 
The main thing I love about this product is the curved "ultra fit applicator" which not only holds just the right amount of product, but it perfectly fits the contours of the lips resulting in precise and easy application, (It's so easy, you don't even need to use a mirror!) My favourite colour out of the three is RD301, mainly because it is free of shimmer (I'm not a huge shimmer gal) and it is a really nice nude colour for my fair skin tone. I like to wear this colour on days where my lips need a bit of a pick me up but I don't want to wear a matte lipstick, which can sometimes be too drying. I also love to layer this colour over MAC's Velvet Teddy. 
My least favourite colour of the bunch is OR221, because it contains a LOT of shimmer. Already being a bright-ish orange colour, I feel that the shimmer as well as the gloss can make it look a bit too much on my skin tone, but then again, it would look lovely on darker skin tones. I do wish that the Rich-Glam Liquid Rouge had more exciting names than RD301 for example, as it could be hard to keep track of which colour is which, but maybe that wouldn't be too much of a problem seeing as the range of colours available isn't very large. 

Overall, I'm very impressed with this product and I have found myself reaching for it more often than not. 

Does this product sound good to you? What do you think of these "hybrid" lipstick/gloss products?


4 comments :

  1. Would love to see some swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to add some in to this post tomorrow! xx

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! I love hybrid producs. x

    heartoffnowhere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon hybrid products are the way of the future! haha! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...