Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Micellar Waters: Bioderma vs. Garnier






Ever since Micellar Cleansing Waters were released, I've been intrigued at how convenient and easy to use they seemed and I couldn't wait to try out the much coveted Bioderma, for myself. Last year, my mum picked up some Bioderma Créaline H2O for us both to try and I can honestly say I love this as a makeup remover. I've mentioned this is a previous post so I won't dwell too much on this, but instead I'll sum up the standout points of the product.
When I first used this, I was removing my gel eyeliner. I held a soaked cotton pad over my eyes for a few seconds to break down the liner before gently wiping in a 'U' shape along my lash line and just doing this was enough to remove a majority of my liner and mascara. The residue it leaves isn't unpleasant either- it wasn't sticky or greasy. There is a noticeable chemical scent which reminds me a bit of sunscreen, but I'm not too fussed by it. 


Similarly to the Bioderma, The Garnier alternative is gentle enough to use around the eyes and lips and is able to remove even waterproof eyeliner and mascara. The only major difference between the two formulas is the smell. As I mentioned previously, the Bioderma has a slight smell to it, whereas the Garnier Micellar doesn't really have any scent. 



As someone who wears eyeliner almost everyday and proper removal is necessary, I am more inclined to repurchase the Garnier as it is significantly cheaper than the Bioderma (At around $12 NZD for 400mL as opposed to around $30 NZD for 250mL). Like the Bioderma, this solution doesn't leave the skin with a sticky or greasy residue, meaning that you could use this as a one stop cleanser.
All in all, I would DEFINITELY recommend the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water as a near perfect dupe for the Bioderma Créaline H2O Solution, especially since the Garnier alternative gives you more product for less. That being said however, if you can afford it, the Bioderma is a lovely, fresh cleanser too.

On another note, I got back from Melbourne yesterday and I filmed snippets from my time there. You can expect that video to be uploaded by the end of the week! I also have a few other posts planned, one of which being an eyeliner comparison which will be posted soon. Hope you are all having a wonderful week so far.


4 comments :

  1. love bioderma! thinking about trying garnier though...might need to try it after this!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the Bioderma combo skin formula one for a while and love it. Definitely need to check out the Garnier one next time! :)

    BonnieBeautyxo ♡ www.bonniebeautyxo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...