Monday, 2 June 2014

The Hydrating Duo


Once again, sorry I've been away from blogging for a while, I've been busy with the school production and the year 13 ball, and haven't had much time to write. While I'm still trying out some new products that I bought recently, I decided to write a post about two products that I've been using for a while, and have been loving. These two products also happen to be from the same brand (this isn't a sponsored post).

With the freezing cold mornings and the constant need to wear a cardigan, it is clear that Winter is making her entrance. And of course, with Winter comes unsightly dry and flakey skin (No offence lizards). This is where two products from Vaseline come in handy; The Intensive Care Spray Moisturiser and the Intensive Care Hand and Nail Lotion
I remember seeing an ad for the Spray Moisturiser where a woman seems to be running late for work or something like that, and she simply sprays the moisturiser along her arms and legs in one fluid movement, quickly rubs the product in, pops on her clothes and is off out the door in less than a minute. I was first skeptical about the idea of a spray on lotion, as well as the fact that this woman would have probably forgotten something if she had really gotten ready that quickly. But once I bought the moisturiser and tried it out for myself, I was very impressed! I must admit, it did take a few tries to master using this, and in my few failed attempts, I managed to spray the ground instead of my limbs (don't even ask). Like the woman in the commercial, all you need to do to apply is spray a line down both arms and legs and then spread the product out and rub in with your hands to provide an even distribution. This is spray on lotion is really great if you are like me, and often forget to moisturise or simply can't be bothered because it takes too long to rub in. I have the Cocoa Glow one, however there are two others in the range.


The second product in the Hydrating Duo is the Hand and Nail Lotion, which I have actually repurchased a few times, it is that good. It contains Keratin and Vitamin E which helps to strengthen and nourish not only the skin, but also the nails, which is actually the reason why I initially got it. There is a very light floral scent to the product which isn't at all overpowering once applied to the hands and the non greasy formula means that you can go about picking things up without them slipping out of your grip right away. Because my school ball was coming up, I really wanted to ensure that my nails were nice and strong and looking their best. I had been using my Nuxe Reve de Miel Hand Cream (which I still love) but I found that it wasn't doing so much in terms of strengthening my nails, so I decided to switch back to my trusty Vaseline lotion. I'm actually almost out, so I'll definitely be repurchasing yet again!

What are your favourite hydrating products? I'd love to know so I can check them out next time I go shopping!


5 comments :

  1. great post!

    xx

    daniella

    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spray moisturisers - so easy and quick to use!!

    CassandraMyee | Beauty | Fashion | Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. never tried these, thanks for sharing!

    xx fameliquorlove

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the hand cream and love it! I'll have to pick up the spray moisturizer too next time :)

    -Helena
    helenashideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...