Saturday, 26 April 2014

FIVE MINUTE MAKEUP

This post is inspired by the lovely Lillian from Parisian To Be, who recently made a post about her three minute makeup routine for the mornings when she is in a hurry. While I have not yet managed to whittle down my time to three minutes, I am able to do my makeup in about five minutes if need be. The time where I would do this routine the most would have to be on school days when I've slept through my alarm and am running late.

To start this routine I spritz by face with the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. When I'm in a hurry and don't have time to properly cleanse or moisturise my face (shhh! Don't tell the beauty regime police!) this facial spray is a perfect replacement as it's super refreshing and hydrating, thus preparing my skin for makeup. Next I use the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the shade 01 to cover any spots I may have and the darkness under my eyes. This popular UK brand was recently introduced in Countdowns around New Zealand and retails at a reasonable price range, (I am SOOO pleased Collection finally came to NZ!) Then to set this concealer and provide slight coverage on the areas of my face without concealer, I use the Nude by Nature mineral makeup in the shade fair. While this is a powder, it doesn't at all look dry on my skin. Then, to give my cheeks a flush of colour, I apply the Bourjois Cream Blush in the shade 01. Despite what one might think, this cream blush applies really easily over the Nude mineral powder.
Now onto eyebrows. I seriously envy those who can waltz out of the house without having to fill in their eyebrows, because I really don't like doing my eyebrows! It's probably down to the fact that It's always so difficult to get eyebrows even and I also have to be careful not to fill mine in too dark. But alas, I'm not blessed with perfect brows, so in order to give them some definition and feel more "put together", I lightly brush through Coquette by MAC and extend the ends out a little. Then all that's left to do is curl my eyelashes and apply mascara. The one I've rediscovered is the Maybelline Pulse Perfection. I love this mascara because it gives a really clean and crisp look and lasts all day without smudging.

And voila! My makeup is done! I'd love to know how long it takes you to do your makeup when you are in a hurry! I really do think that five minutes is my limit though, any faster and I'd surely poke my eyes out with my mascara wand.

3 comments :

  1. I am loving the Collection concealer as well - so happy we have it in NZ too!

    cassandramyee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Lillian is a babe! Great post -- I personally am a big fan of the Bourjois cream blushes, Caudalie beauty elixir and Collection 2000 concealer too x

    find me on 9outoften.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!
    xx

    daniella

    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...