Saturday, 8 February 2014

Review • Clarins Be Long Mascara

Today I have a review on the new Clarins Be Long Mascara* in the shade 02 Brown, which will hit shelves on the 24th of February. This mascara delivers an amazing lengthening effect to the lashes thanks to the creamy formula and the specially designed wand, which grasps and covers each, individual lash to create beautifully curved and even looking lashes. The formula contains the active ingredients, Matrikine and Panthenol to strengthen lashes, thus stimulating lash growth. If you'd like, I can do a follow up review after using the product for 4 weeks, which is the average time in which people have noticed a difference in their lash length. Let me know in the comments below! So far, I'm just really pleased with the length it gives my lashes when I am wearing it!
I find it applies best straight after curling the lashes and in a slight wiggling motion, to ensure every single eyelash is coated. Repeat if you feel it is necessary.

Pros: 
  • Really nice lengthening effect on the lashes even with one coat.
  • Despite being a brown mascara, it gives really nice definition to the eyes, much like a black mascara would.
  • Small mascara wand means that it is easier to reach those inner corner lashes with ease.
  • Perfect formula for layering
  • Stays on all day (unless you wipe/rub your eyes, in which case, it will come off a little bit)
  • I really like how the lid clicks into place when closing. I've had a few mascaras that have dried out because the top didn't close entirely.



Cons: 
  • NOT waterproof (although it didn't say it was). I do find it runs a little more than other non waterproof mascaras.
  • This mascara does take a little while to dry, so you may have to have a cotton bud or two on hand for clean ups afterwards, however this isn't really a problem seeing as any 'splodges' wipe off cleanly without disturbing any make up underneath.


This mascara retails for a price of $49 and is available in two shades (black and brown). As I mentioned before, let me know if you would like me to do a follow up of this mascara after I've used it for a month!

On another note, It was my 17th yesterday and I had such a lovely day! My friends organised balloons, a cake, lollies, strawberries and flowers for me, and I even got to see one of my favourite teachers, who has technically left my school to go overseas, however she came back for the day to do some relief/substitute teaching! It's so crazy to be 17 now, because I always feel younger than I actually am. I guess that's what they mean by being "young at heart!"


2 comments :

  1. I love this mascara's packaging; so chic and elegant! Unfortunately, I religiously buy waterproof mascara only, but thanks for this review as a heads up :)
    P.S. hope you had a wonderful 17th birthday! ♥

    -Helena helenashideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...