Monday, 16 December 2013

My Summer Lip Colour Picks

I don't wear lip stick as much in the Summer as I do in other seasons just because it's usually too hot, but when I do, I tend to pick brighter colours such as reds with more orange undertones and corals to reflect the lovely warmth of the Summer sun.

Here I have a few of my top Summer lip colour picks to share with you.

MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo: I love this colour for summer as it really stands out against my fair skin and generally brightens my complexion. This is perfect for both day and night wear, so there is no need to switch lip colour for an event you might have in the evening.

4ME Lip liner in #114 Orange: So, I bought this lip liner from my local $2 shop because I was in need of an orange lipliner to wear underneath MAC's Morange. I didn't have high expectations for this considering it cost about $1.20, so you can imagine my surprise when I applied it and found that it was SO pigmented and smooth! So much so, that I can even wear it on its own. I personally think that there is a misconception that cheap make up equals bad quality, but I really don't think that is the case. If you get the chance, give this brand a go.

MAC Lipstick in Lady Danger: A beautiful orange toned red, perfect for the day time. While this lipstick is a matte finish, I find it is much more hydrating than some of the other matte lipsticks I have, which makes it more comfortable to wear.

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in #501 Stellar: I love the creamy consistency of this lip Lacquer as well as the bold coral colour. This colour is very versatile because you can change the overall look of the product by blotting. If a more sheer, stain is what you are going for, simply blot off the extra product onto a tissue a few times. If  you are wanting a more bold and opaque look, then simply leave the product to dry a little before gently blotting.

I'd love to know what colours you are loving for Summer!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...