Friday, 13 December 2013

Lush Christmas Beauty Blogger Event

On Thursday, I was lucky enough to be invited by Lush to join a bunch of other New Zealand bloggers in an evening of pampering, fresh product making workshops and Furoshiki wrapping workshops at their Queen Street store. We were each given a goodie bag consisting of the stores new Christmas stock when we walked through the door and provided with snacks and drinks. 










I must admit I was super nervous about this event, as it was the first time I had been to something like this. Also, being one of the younger girls there added to those nerves! For the first 10-ish minutes, we got the chance to wander around the store, mingling with other bloggers and trying out the products. I took ALOT of pictures (an excuse to hide my face a bit at the beginning) so I've picked a few of the best to share with you here. Then, one of the Lush girls, Amber talked to us about Lush's ethics, stating that Lush makes sure that all of their ingredient providers 100% do NOT test on animals. She also showed us some examples of how Lush recycles their packaging, such as the wrapping scarves, which are made of two black plastic bottles and the wrapping paper, which is made of recycled tee-shirts.

Next, the group was split into two and we were brought over to workshop stations. In the first workshop, we got to watch Angels on Bare Skin being made and we even got to take a pot of it home at the end. The next workshop consisted of learning how to wrap up gifts with scarves, as an alternative to paper. We also got to pick a scarf to keep. (I forgot to take a picture of mine, but you'll probably see it in a future post!)

As well as workshops, there was also a table where mini pamper sessions were being held. I had the Snow Fairy arm massage, which made me smell delicious and sparkle for the rest of the evening!)

To finish the evening, there were bath ballistic demos, where we learnt how to make bath cocktails, which I didn't even know was a thing! 

All in all, I had a lovely night learning more about the Lush brand and trying out some of the new products. The staff were OUTSTANDING, and would come over to chat if you didn't have anyone to immediately talk to (ie: me! HA!) So, I don't know if any of the staff from Lush Queen Street will read this, but if they are, then thank you so much for putting on such a great evening for all of us!

Below is a video I made of the night...



I'll be doing a separate post about the contents of the Lush goodie bag, as well as a few of my own purchases.


3 comments :

  1. This sounds lovely, I've never been to an event but this Lush one sounds perfect!
    Great pictures lovely :)

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It was a really nice night! I started off really nervous,but the lovely ladies who worked at Lush really helped me to calm my nerves by chatting with me :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...