Friday, 22 November 2013

Review • Lush Christmas Products

A little while ago, I was given the opportunity to try out a few products from the new Christmas range by Lush. The products I tried out (and very much enjoyed) were The Father Christmas Ballistic*, Santa Baby Lip Tint* and the Ponche Shower Gel*

Santa Baby Lip Tint: I was really surprised (in a good way) by the pigmentation of this lip colour! I originally thought it was going to be more like a sheer gloss than anything else. It is super creamy, which allows it to glide easily over the lips with a lip brush, without appearing patchy, chalky or any other words with negative connotations! I've been trying to find something to compare the smell to (as I don't really think it smells of cola), but have failed to do so. Instead, I'll try and describe the sort of scent it is. While there isn't an obvious smell to the product upon first 'sniff', after brushing it onto the lips, a slight vanilla smell emerges. Nothing at all intrusive. If vanilla isn't your thing, I'd still recommend giving this product a go as it is a lovely lip colour and the scent isn't strong at all. The only thing about this lipstick that I don't like is that it does move around a little bit on the lips, so I wouldn't use this if I were going out for dinner. But other than that, it's a great lip colour to quickly swipe on with a lip-brush or a finger whilst on the go.

Father Christmas Ballistic: I LOVE the smell of this bath bomb, (I kinda wanna taste it! HA!) which makes for an absolutely luxurious bath after a long day. The combination of mandarin oil and orange flower is really refreshing, yet soothing, which is perfect for baths on these summery evenings/nights. The way you are supposed to use this is to place it into the bath water and watch as the water changes from a beautiful pink colour to a glistening green colour right before your eyes. But, if you have read my previous Lush posts, you will know that I try and savour my Lush bath products, by cutting them into halves or quarters. I cut this bath bomb in half as they are VERY big, so this way I get two baths out of one product! However, if you choose to do this, the 'magic' of the changing colours is kind of revealed with the hidden smaller green bath bomb inside the bigger bath bomb being visible.

Ponche Shower Gel: The final product is the Ponche Shower Gel which is a tropical fruit punch in the form of a gel! Isn't that cool?! While it does contain a little alcohol, it doesn't leave you reeking of booze in any way. Instead your skin is left smelling delicately of citrus with a hint of cinnamon. I love using this gel in the morning because not only does it smell zingy and refreshing, it also has a really awesome, bright orange colour to it, which is always exciting to wake up to! This gel lathers really nicely with only a little bit of product, which also makes it more cost effective.
If you're not a fan of shower gels, then you can always use this product as a hand wash, that will leave your hands smelling oh so sweet!

Overall, I am really impressed with the products I've tried, and am definitely keen to buy a few of their other products in the Christmas range!

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them?


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...