Monday, 21 October 2013

Simple Tips for Glowing Skin

As the weather gets warmer, the less I want to be cake-ing on make up, so I want to ensure that my skin is looking its tip top! Here are a few simple tips I've come up with to achieve a glowing and radiant complexion.

-It goes without saying that you MUST use a sunscreen or a moisturizer with an SPF of at least 30, everyday if you want your skin to look it's best, especially as you age.  Apply this onto a freshly moisturized face and allow it to soak into the skin for a minute or two before applying make up over the top. The sunscreen will not only prevent you getting burnt by harsh UV rays, but it will also act as a barrier for your skin, and will help to stop the sun drying out your skin which is one of the main cause of wrinkles later on. 

-Every night and day after cleansing my face, I apply a moisturizer to lock in natural oils and to further hydrate my skin. During the day I tend to lean towards a lighter moisturizer as I find my make up goes on better  this way. However, at night, I use a richer moisturizer to keep my skin nice and hydrated throughout the night.

-If you are like me and prefer a more sheer base in terms of foundation, using either a tinted moisturizer or BB cream type product is ideal to create that lovely glow. Due to my combination skin type, I do find I need to set my foundation with a little powder, so if you do decide you need to do this, apply the powder very light handedly to avoid creating the classic 'Cake face'. If you do run into this issue though, don't fret! Using a spray toner or even a little water in a spray bottle, lightly mist the face to get rid of excess powder-y-ness.

-In order to achieve that dewy, healthy glow, be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day, (approx. 8 glasses). I love drinking water, so this is fairly easy for me to remember to do, however, if constantly drinking glasses of water isn't really your thing, fill a large drink bottle with water and sip it throughout the day. This is perfect if you are always on the go!

-Try your best to get into a habit of eating generally healthy foods as they really do impact the state of your skin. Instead of snacking on chips, try eating edamame beans instead. Not only are they really yummy (they seriously are!) they are super good for you! Also be sure to eat lots of fresh fruit as they contain antioxidants which help reduce inflammation.

-If you feel your skin is looking a little lack lustre, go out for a power walk or run to get the blood under the skin, flowing. This is great to do if you are going out somewhere in a few hours and want to look particularly 'glowing from within'. If you don't like walking by yourself, gather together a group of friends to walk with, that way you will be talking most of the time and you can keep each other company!

I hope these tips have been helpful to you! Let me know if there are any blog posts you'd like to see me do in the future!

1 comment :

  1. Beds and Mattresses shop is one of the most outstanding brand i have ever seen in my life. feeling glad to see such kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...