Sunday, 28 July 2013

Review • Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh


Today I wanted to do a review on a product I received in the mail about two (I think) days ago, and that product is the Daisy Eau So Fresh perfume by Marc Jacobs. I feel as if I am the last to hop onto the Daisy perfume bandwagon as I was aware of the hype of this well before it was sent to me. I was kindly given a $150 voucher to spend on perfume at the online perfume retailer Smelly Cat (Haha! Friends reference!). Smelly Cat has a huge range of fragrance brands including Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein, and Chloe.

THE PERFUME:

I've been wearing Eau So Fresh for two days now, and I LOVE it! The scent is described as being a combination of "Ruby Red Grapefruit, Raspberry, Green Leaves, Pear, Violet, Wild Rose, Apple Blossom, Lychee, Jasmine, Musk, Plum and Cedar."
I love the fruitiness this fragrance has to it, however, that being said, it's not overwhelmingly sweet smelling nor is it headache inducing! Ha! 
This is really lovely for both day and night wear, as it is fresh and bubbly but quite mature smelling at the same time due to the woodier base notes. You only need to use approximately one-two sprays seeing as the perfume is rather concentrated, and you probably wouldn't need to reapply throughout the day because the scent lingers on the skin several hours after spraying it on. 

I'd certainly recommend this perfume to those who don't usually like girly, floral scents because the Musk and Cedar really balances out the Wild Rose, apple blossom and violet to create a really fresh, fruity scent that isn't overpowering at all. 

THE BOTTLE:

The bottle it comes in is so cute and looks lovely sitting atop my dresser! The bottle itself is a rectangular shape with slightly curved sides which is made of very sturdy feeling, colourless glass, making it very easy to hold. The lid is made up of a gold sphere covered in 6 little daisies in pink, white and yellow which are made out of a kind of rubber material, so they don't jab into your hand when taking the cap off!

All in all, I have fallen in love with this perfume and I would recommend it to everyone who hasn't tried it yet! This scent is so light and fresh, making it perfect for the upcoming Spring!

On a side note, I'm not sure why, but whenever I get a new perfume I am always super nervous to hold it because I always think that I am going to drop it (not that I ever have). Does anyone else get that feeling or is it just me? Hahaha!


Let me know if you have tried this perfume and what you thought of it! What perfumes do you like?


2 comments :

  1. I have always loved Marc Jacobs Daisy. I would imagine this is a lighter version of it? Great Blog by the way. I have linked it to my website its very informative, I like informative reviews, good and bad for my customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...