Monday, 15 July 2013

A Short Post: My Design Work So Far...

I'm not sure if I previously mentioned that I take design as an option at my school, but I thought I'd share my work with you so far. Our task is to create a folio board consisting of a logo, flyer and web page surrounding a made up event. My made up event is called "Take the Cake" which is a home made sweet treats market, which is slightly inspired by the 1940s/50s. One of the main components of my design work is illustration, and I have been drawing (no pun intended) inspiration from the super talented, Dawn Tan, (you have most likely seen her illustrations in Frankie Magazine).

The above illustrations have been done using watercolour paints (I love the Daler-Rowney Aquafine paints), 0.9mm mechanical pencil and 0.1mm Fineliner marker. I erase any unwanted pencil marks with a kneadable eraser.

For obvious reasons, I ask that you please refrain from stealing my images and claim them as your own as I have worked very hard on them for my folio.

Please let me know if you enjoy these sorts of posts where I just show you what I've been up to!


2 comments :

  1. I LOVED this post!!
    Your so talented and your illustration style is lovely!
    I am always really interested to see what design students are up to, because of a time table clash at my school I am doing the design in a painting class so I don't get a chance to see what other students are up to.
    Your work is really beautiful!

    Good luck with the folio and keep us posted to your progress!!

    Also, I have started up a new Design blog if your interested ?
    http://annahigginsdesigns.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks lovely! You are very sweet :) I'll be sure to keep you guys posted!
      I had a look at your blog and it's really nice so far! I love your style of photography! I also love your blog header! :)

      Albertine xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...