Saturday, 1 June 2013

May Favourites

Wow! It's been a while since I've done one a favourites post! Sorry about that! These are just a few of the products I have been reaching for the most during month of May.

The first product I've been loving at the moment is the VO5 Elixir Miracle Mist. I spray it through my hair while it's still wet, before I blow dry it and then mist a little bit over the ends of my hair to finish. I love this product because it really smooths out my hair (which is very prone to frizziness) and makes it REALLY soft. I also adore the scent because for some unknown reason it reminds me of my trip to America in 2008.

The second product I want to mention is the Savar Essential Hydration Moisturizer*. This product was kindly sent to me along with my favourite Savar Face wash, by Savar's founder, Vicky. This moisturizer is really nourishing and leaves my skin looking really fresh and bright. I mostly use this at night because I love the way it makes my skin look in the morning. I must admit, the smell is a little unusual but it has definitely grown on me. The one I have is for oily/combination skin but there is also one for dry/sensitive skin.

I had been on the look out for new foundations to try as my usual Revlon Photo Ready foundation is running out and wasn't looking too great on my skin. I wanted to find a foundation that didn't contain too much sparkle and would be pale enough for my skin tone. I was looking at the Rimmel section at Farmers when I saw the Match Perfection Foundation. I noticed that there was a really pale shade, so I decided to give it a go. I'm so glad that I did because it's such a lovely foundation. It goes on really nicely when I apply it with my Real Techniques buffing brush and it looks so flawless on the skin. It is quite a sheer foundation which means that my freckles can still show through and it feels a lot lighter than other foundations.

The next product is also my Rimmel and it is the Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte lipstick in shade 106 which is a really pretty dark pink. I don't usually go for pink lipsticks but when my mum gave me this (she bought it for herself but didn't think the colour suited her) I decided to give it a go. This lipstick goes on so smoothly and doesn't dry out the lips at all which is great during this cold weather where dry lips are the norm. I'm definitely gonna have a look at the other colours in this range. 

Another lip product I've been loving at the moment is the Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla and Macadamia. I found this during a quick trip to the supermarket and thought I'd give it a go. OH MY GOODNESS! I love this! Not only does it smell amazing (I want to eat it), but it really hydrates my lips. It contains Shea Butter and Hydra IQ for long-lasting moisturization as well as Almond oil to rehydrate and smooth the lips. This is a must have for winter.

The last product is one I've had for a long time now and that is the Soap and Glory Righteous Body Butter. I've been trying to get back into using this seeing as it's been sitting in my bathroom for about a year-ish! I use it on my legs after shaving because it makes them oh so smooth as well as my arms after exfoliating. The scent is so lovely because it's quite floral and sweet but not in a sickly kind of way. If you are looking for a really hydrating body butter, I would certainly recommend this.  

I hope you enjoyed this favourite post! Please tell me if you have tried any of these products. What were some of your favourite products in May?



1 comment :

  1. Great post! I've been meaning to try the Nivea lip butters, and I've heard the macada,is scent is particularly fantastic.

    Xx Lillian parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...