Saturday, 6 April 2013

Recent Make Up Purchase: Dainty Doll






As you all would know, I have very pale skin which means I usually have to go for the fairest shade in foundation and concealer. Recently I discovered a new make up brand called Dainty Doll. Dainty Doll was created by Nicola Roberts, who, If you didn't know is a member of the British girl band, Girls Aloud. Nicola has VERY pale skin and found that just about every foundation shade looked too dark and orange on her so she decided to create a make up brand that caters for the palest of ladies.
I purchased a concealer in shade 02 (I didn't get shade 01 because I had read reviews saying that the lightest shade was almost white) and a powder blush in shade 04.


When I first opened the concealer, I was a bit surprised at how dark it looked considering it was a product for light skin, however when I warmed the product up with my fingers in the pan the colour began to lighten significantly, which brings me onto the texture of the concealer. At first glance this concealer appears to be quite powdery but when it warms up it turns into a really smooth, slightly creamy consistency, but dries to a slight powder finish when on the skin. I'll keep you posted on how I find this concealer.

The blush that I purchased is a really lovely peachy-pink colour with traces of gold shimmer throughout. I'm not usually one for shimmery blushes but I thought the combination of peach and gold looked very natural. The blushes from the range can definitely be used on darker skin tones, (there is a light, shimmery pink blush which would look beautiful as a highlighter on dark skinned ladies). I havent yet tried this product out yet as I literally just received these in the mail today, but again, I shall keep you updated as to what I think.

I must admit, one of the factors the drew me into this brand was the packaging. I know, I know, it's quite bad that I am so easily swayed by packaging, but it reminds me so much of the Art Deco style posters of the 1920s so I just couldn't resist!

I hope you are all having a nice start to the weekend and enjoy the last of the summer weather! (I am aware that Summer is over but occasionally the sun comes out for a short while, but in good ol' NZ style, it starts raining the next minute!)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...