Monday, 22 April 2013

"Almost Winter" Skincare Essentials




It's that time of the year again, when it starts getting darker earlier and the nights and early mornings are colder. And of course, with this cold weather comes dry, flakey skin which, needless to say, nobody enjoys.
I've collected together a few of my skincare essentials that help to combat the dryness of my skin during the colder months. 

Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert, therefore I only really know what works for my skin and unfortunately cannot guarantee that these will work for you. Now with that out of the way, let's bring out the products…

The first product is my FAVOURITE face wash* by the NZ brand, Savar. This face wash contains lacebark extract, organic cucumber extract and lemon fruit extract which helps to calm and clarify the skin and leaves the skin feeling refreshed and moisturised. It also doesn't leave the skin feeling tight or leave any sticky residue on the skin. I've been trying to save this as I am running out!

The next product is the Soothing Facial Toner by Simple. This toner contains Pro-Vitamin B5 which helps restore, soften and smooth the skin as well as witch hazel to tone and tighten pores. The thing that I love about this toner is that doesn't contain any alcohol which means it doesn't dry out my skin.

The Hydrating Light Moisturiser is a recent purchase of mine. I'm so glad I chose to give this a go because it has quickly become my favourite daily moisturiser. Like the toner of the same brand, this moisturiser contains Pro-Vitamin B5 to help restore and smooth the skin. It also contains Borage seed oil which renews and regenerates the skin. I particularly like this moisturiser because it has no scent which means I won't get sick of the smell (or rather lack of…)

I don't always use facial oils because quite frankly, I don't like the feel of oil on my skin, but the Argan Skin Rescue treatment by Nourish* is a lovely product. I apply this around the sides of my nose, because this is where my skin is really dry and red, and in the morning, the skin is significantly smoother and no longer flakey. It absorbs quickly into the skin leaving no majorly oily residue and has a nice floral scent.

The last two products are lip balms, which are DEFINITE essentials for Autumn/winter. The first lip balm is by Nellie Tier in the scent Orange Blossom*. This product is super hydrating and nourishing. I tend to keep this one at home as I don't want to put any germs that are on my hands into the pot. Instead, I keep this by my bed and wash my hands before I use this lip balm right before bed. Now on to the scent; this has to be THE best smelling lip balm I have ever owned, and being some one who goes through many lip balms, this is quite a statement. HA!

The final product is by the brand Yes to Carrots and it is their Melon Lip Butter. (Funny story, I was talking to someone about this and wondered why it was called Yes to Carrots when it could be called Yes to Melons. I didn't quite think of the connotations of that phrase when I said that to her. Hahaha! Sorry, I am childish!)
 ANYWAY, This is the lip balm I take with me when I go to school. I love it simply because it is cheap, portable and really moisturising. The smell is lovely too.

Anyway, those are my "Almost Winter" Skincare Essentials. I'd love to hear what yours are and whether you have tried any of the products mentioned above.


3 comments :

  1. I really want to give the Simple skincare a go but I tried their eye make up remover the other day and it absolutely stung my eyes :( You make them sound lovely though so I'm torn! xx
    Cupcakes And Cocaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the eye makeup remover so I couldn't really have an opinion on it, but I'd def. say give the toner or moisturiser a go :) xx

      Delete
  2. I cant get over how professional your blog looks!! You should do some tutorials to help a novice like me out!!
    You have convinced me to try the simple toner - I get dry skin so alcohol free products always sound promising!
    Anna xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...