Sunday, 24 March 2013

Review • Thin Lizzy Concealer Crème

I was recently requested to write a review on the Thin Lizzy Concealer which was in my Current Beauty Favourites post that I did a few days ago. 
When I first saw that Thin Lizzy had created a concealer, I was a bit dubious because I don't generally like the brand because I feel their products don't really cater for paler skinned ladies such as myself. However, when I saw that the concealers had a wider range of colours, I became interested. 



The shade I have is called Miss Von Dita, and I believe this is the lightest shade you can get. It contains Beeswax which keeps it waterproof and stays on all day (you do still need to set it with powder for best results). I really like this concealer because it is really pigmented and you only need a little bit to conceal any redness/dark spots, it also doesn't feel heavy and cakey like a lot of other highly pigmented concealers do.

I usually use my fingers to apply this product as the warmth from my hands help to blend the concealer out and create a natural finish, however, I have tried with a brush and it works just as well. I haven't tried with a sponge because I don't use one to apply my own make up, but I'm sure it would work, just be sure to wet the sponge first so that it doesn't absorb the concealer.

I don't think this concealer is great for under the eyes because it seems to crease quite a bit, and it also isn't a brightening concealer. You can get away with a little under the eyes, as long as you set it with powder, but even then, you may encounter creasing, (well doesn't that sound foreboding!)

All in all, I really like this concealer for spot concealing (I never apply concealer all over my face) and would recommend it to people who have oily-combination skin.

If you want to see a review of a product, please let me know in the comments!





1 comment :

  1. I seriously love this concealer! So many concealers barely cover anything up, but this one actually does. xx

    Cupcakes And Cocaine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...