Today I have a "Breakfast Scrub" recipe for you! I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the UK based brand, Soap and Glory. If you are, you are probably aware that they have a body scrub called "The Breakfast Scrub", which is a mix of all things breakfast-y (think oats, honey, brown sugar etc.). Seeing as Soap and Glory is not available in NZ, I had a thought. Why can't I just make a scrub that is similar? The quantities of the ingredients is really up to you. The measurements I have given are just a guide.If you want more brown sugar or honey, then go for it!
• Small handful of sliced almonds (Or whole almonds if you don't have sliced, we will be grinding them up anyway)
• Medium sized handful of rolled oats
• 4 Tablespoons of brown sugar
• Oil (I am not giving a measurement as It really depends on how much of the dry ingredients you are using*)
• Runny honey*
• 1 Tablespoon Maple syrup (if you love it like I do! Me and my part Canadian ways!)
Grind up almonds, oats and brown sugar in a food processor. Place in a bowl big enough to allow room for mixing.
Add oil a little bit at a time until mixture starts coming together.
Add in the maple syrup if using, and mix, mix, MIX!
Spoon mixture into an airtight container. This lasts about 1-2 weeks if lid is replaced on container each time after use.
I hope you liked this little DIY. I plan to make some more. Comment below if you have a specific DIY request!