Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Revlon Lip Butters

Last holidays I went to Melbourne with my family. I took this opportunity to buy some beauty products that were not yet available in New Zealand. One of which being the Revlon Lip Butters. 


I don't mean to go off on a tangent, but does anyone else hate it when the labels for things are off center or is that just my inner perfectionist coming out?
Anyway, I got the colours Tutti Frutti and Creamsicle. I love orange lipstick so I thought I would try it out in butter form (that sounds weird). I also wanted a more nude colour to possibly wear to school.






This is my favourite out of the two. This colour is fairly pigmented, but being a lip butter it is expected to be more sheer than your average lip colour. These are very easy to apply on the go too. However I do find that you have to make sure your lips aren't chapped at all before applying this as it settles into the lips and is quite noticeable. But other than that, they are very smooth and moisturizing.


I do like this colour but I find it is a tad too light to wear by itself. I tend to pat this over my lips after applying a lip balm to give an even more sheer finish. Again, i have to make sure my lips have been exfoliated to ensure a smooth application.

Overall, I am really impressed with these lip butters. I think they are a great alternative to lipsticks (I have a feeling these will be wonderful in Summer when I want a hint of colour on my lips but don't want to go all out with lipstick).

Have you tried any of the Revlon lip butters? What was your impression of them? 


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...