Monday, 2 July 2012

Review • Geoskincare




As you all know, I am always up for trying products that are organic and made in little ol' New Zealand. So, I was very pleased and excited to find a package from Geoskincare sitting on my bed when I got home from school.

The facts:"the geoskincare range is certified organic and manufactured to the highest organic standards. our products are certified by biogro - new zealand’s leading organic certifier and an internationally trusted organisation. this means that our products contain certified organic ingredients, ensuring that you are using only the finest ingredients on your skin and body."I was impressed with the overall  look of the products. The packaging looked sleek and simple, and above all, the products looked easy to use. My favourite of the products was the cleansing gel. I really liked the consistency of the product. It was very smooth and silky. Much like how my skin felt after using this. I used this with my Clarisonic and it worked really well. It works equally as well without the use of a Clarisonic too. It lathered up nicely despite being a gel and left my skin feeling really clean but not tight at all. I do think $39.85 is a bit on the pricey side for a cleanser, however I think it is worth it. The only slight negative I would have to comment on is the design of the tube. The hole at the top of the tube is rather large and the product comes out fairly quickly. But then again, maybe that was the result of my excitement to use this cleanser!The fask masque is a product I don't hate, but I don't feel it's up there with my favourites. The reason being is I didn't see any visable change in my complexion after using this. It was pleasant to use as I enjoy masques that dry slightly upon the skin. I also really enjoyed the smell, but besides that, I don't think it is worth the $41.98. However, if you don't mind paying extra for a facial masque, give it a go and see if it works for you!The hyrda gel is the product I was least impressed with. I prefer my moisturizers to be fairly thick as I have slight dryness around the sides of my nose and between my eyebrows which I find thicker moisturizers help to hydrate. First off, this is a gel which is obviously a lot thinner than a thick cream. I found that when I applied this to my skin it dried up too quickly for me to spread it all over my face, this meant I had to use more than I usually would. I also found that the morning after using this, I had a slight breakout on the sides of my nose. Nothing too major, but not ideal. I do not think I will be re-purchasing this product.My overall opinion on Geoskincare is that I am fairly impressed with the quality of the products. I do think they are quite expensive products but If they work for you then I don't think price particularly matters. I could definitely see myself re-purchasing the daily cleansing gel as this product really worked for me.







1 comment :

  1. Hey! I also just bumped into this new natural brand over the weekend and am eager to give it a go. I hope that the hydra gel would work better on me as it is one of the products I really want to try out. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...